Looking for a few Dayton recommendations

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedAviator

Looking for a few Dayton recommendations

Post by ArmedAviator »

In just over 2 weeks I will be the proud owner of my first home. It has a few things that need worked on and thus I am coming here first to see if there are any recommendations for good quality businesses/persons in the area to use. Specifically, I will be moving to Miamisburg.

Some stuff that I am looking to have done:
  • Radon Mitigation - half unfinished basement (stone foundation), half crawl space (concrete block foundation).
  • Drip guards installed on roof, possibly install gutter guards also.
  • Install 200 amp service line and circuit breaker box (upgrade from 100 amp).
  • Fix electrical sub-panel in garage (apparently the ground and neutral lines are on same bus and should not be).
  • Install an exhaust fan in the attic for summertime heat.
  • Possibly add a few additional electrical outlets in garage (unfinished).
  • Chimney needs crown repaired and a cover.
Some other things that I will try to tackle myself but may need some input or help on:
  • Install Cat6/6a Ethernet cables to all rooms from basement plus a few fiber cables.
  • Install IP security cameras in exterior locations via the Ethernet runs.
  • Insulate attic.
  • Insulate and drywall garage, build work bench and shelves.
Any pointers offered and recommendations, as this is my first time putting on my "big boy pants" when it comes to a house, is appreciated.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Looking for a few Dayton recommendations

Post by rimfireOH »

Congratulations! That's a major milestone.
BEAR!

Re: Looking for a few Dayton recommendations

Post by BEAR! »

On the attic vent fan, there's a handyman radio show that I listen to on the weekends that recommends a ridge vent along with soffit vents over any other kind of venting. There is a mathematical formula for figuring up how much of each vent for maximum ventilation.

Oh and welcome to the hood. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/