Millienial job interview

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Millienial job interview

Post by M-Quigley »

Could also be snowflake job interview as well. I'm generally opposed to making generalizations based on age categories, because I have grandkids that are nothing like this, but still found this amusing. :lol: Sadly, some of my grandchildren (and one HR director I know) know of a couple of people that are almost this bad in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0KjdD ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Millienial job interview

Post by WhyNot »

Whatta hoot!

Thru it all, you do/do not have to produce a high school diploma, college degree, previous military, similar work background or technical. Thru it all, still ranking super-high on the employable list is 1) showing up late. Or no show 2) not following instructions 3) stealing

Actually sad that I know advise young ppl looking for basic entry level work to simply do 1-2 & 3, coupled with clean clothes and a smile,and they have a high probability of being hired.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Pretty sure I know her brother, he couldn't pay his rent because his cat died. :roll:
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Start work at 8AM? Screw that. I wanna start work early in the morning so I can 1) avoid traffic and 2) bounce out of work and still have a significant portion of the day to run errands and whatnot. I used to work and 8-5 job and I will NEVER do that again. I do work in Software Development, and it doesn't really matter when I do my job, as long as the deadlines get met. Unfortunately, have worked with some of my peers, the stereotype is not undeserved. But just like all stereotypes, they are..well...stereotypes.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I’d change this to spoiled rotten millennial (millennial just because that’s the generation most likely to have their face buried in their phone all the time, and grew up with mobile technology and think social media can pay the bills)
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Had a co-worker many years ago who was quite close to that gal....

I didn't hire her - just had to live with it :D....

Very cute little gal - I was older than her parents.

Fairly big office, though, and a lot of the other folks - particularly the gals - got her on the right track, somehow, and she was just about running one of our divisions in a year or so. She just had to be pointed in the right direction.

I wanted to keep her ( :D ), but my wife didn't like that idea. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Working as retail management, I can confirm the 'millennial' stereotype exists among our job applicants.

Even the applicants that interview well AND have expectations clearly explained to them just can't/won't cut it.
MyWifeSaidYes