UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Post by JU-87 »

The United Auto Workers Union (UAW) pays for my OFCC patron membership! :lol:

I work in a "closed shop", meaning that I have to be a member of the UAW to work there.
I was made aware of Article 16,Section 20(a) of the UAW Constitution, that states I can get the portion of my union dues refunded to me, each year,
for "activities or causes primarily political in nature" that I do not approve of. :)

This year the refund I received was $56.53, which is enough to pay for my Ohioans for Concealed Carry Patron Membership! :lol:
I like to look at it as: the UAW pays my OFCC membership.

If any of you are UAW members, PM me and I will send you ALL the info you need to get a portion of your dues refunded.
Hopefully, you will donate it to a 2A group like I do. It's fun! 8)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Post by Morne »

EXCELLENT!!! :mrgreen:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Uhmmm... no they didn't. You paid for it with your money that you were able to get back from them. Same as a tax refund. It isn't free money you are getting from the IRS. It is simply a return of YOUR money that they kept and used interest free.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WY_Not wrote:Uhmmm... no they didn't. You paid for it with your money that you were able to get back from them. Same as a tax refund. It isn't free money you are getting from the IRS. It is simply a return of YOUR money that they kept and used interest free.
Have you seen the interest being offered these days?
Better to get the 1-2% back on credit card spending than interest income (and you don't have to declare it as income!).
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Send me that info, please, JU!
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And I'll still take a fraction of a percent of interest in a bank account over giving .gov an interest free loan.

We owe every year. Not much but always owe a little.
bignflnut wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Uhmmm... no they didn't. You paid for it with your money that you were able to get back from them. Same as a tax refund. It isn't free money you are getting from the IRS. It is simply a return of YOUR money that they kept and used interest free.
Have you seen the interest being offered these days?
Better to get the 1-2% back on credit card spending than interest income (and you don't have to declare it as income!).
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

What WY_Not said.

It still is a good thing you got some of the money back though, because otherwise that money would've gone to support anti gun candidates. Good call :)
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

"Have you seen the interest being offered these days? Better to get the 1-2% back on credit card spending than interest income (and you don't have to declare it as income!)."

You don't have to report cash back as income because it's not income. The credit card company is just giving you a discount on the fees they charge. Regardless of the amount you are better receiving interest rather than cash back. If you allow your cash back to accumulate in your account, you are essentially providing the card company with an interest free loan.