UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby JU-87 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am

The United Auto Workers Union (UAW) pays for my OFCC patron membership! :lol:

I work in a "closed shop", meaning that I have to be a member of the UAW to work there.
I was made aware of Article 16,Section 20(a) of the UAW Constitution, that states I can get the portion of my union dues refunded to me, each year,
for "activities or causes primarily political in nature" that I do not approve of. :)

This year the refund I received was $56.53, which is enough to pay for my Ohioans for Concealed Carry Patron Membership! :lol:
I like to look at it as: the UAW pays my OFCC membership.

If any of you are UAW members, PM me and I will send you ALL the info you need to get a portion of your dues refunded.
Hopefully, you will donate it to a 2A group like I do. It's fun! 8)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
User avatar
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:16 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby Morne » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

EXCELLENT!!! :mrgreen:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
User avatar
Morne
OFCC Director
OFCC Director
 
Posts: 10436
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:01 pm
Location: Wayne County

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby WY_Not » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Uhmmm... no they didn't. You paid for it with your money that you were able to get back from them. Same as a tax refund. It isn't free money you are getting from the IRS. It is simply a return of YOUR money that they kept and used interest free.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.

Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
User avatar
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Miami County, OH

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby bignflnut » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:48 pm

WY_Not wrote:Uhmmm... no they didn't. You paid for it with your money that you were able to get back from them. Same as a tax refund. It isn't free money you are getting from the IRS. It is simply a return of YOUR money that they kept and used interest free.


Have you seen the interest being offered these days?
Better to get the 1-2% back on credit card spending than interest income (and you don't have to declare it as income!).
“A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”
-Thomas Jefferson, 1774

Tweed Ring: "...we should have all done more to elected Republicans..." Agreed
User avatar
bignflnut
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby ArcherAce » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Send me that info, please, JU!
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
User avatar
ArcherAce
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:16 am
Location: Toledo

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby WY_Not » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:44 pm

And I'll still take a fraction of a percent of interest in a bank account over giving .gov an interest free loan.

We owe every year. Not much but always owe a little.

bignflnut wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Uhmmm... no they didn't. You paid for it with your money that you were able to get back from them. Same as a tax refund. It isn't free money you are getting from the IRS. It is simply a return of YOUR money that they kept and used interest free.


Have you seen the interest being offered these days?
Better to get the 1-2% back on credit card spending than interest income (and you don't have to declare it as income!).
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.

Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
User avatar
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Miami County, OH

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby M-Quigley » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:03 am

WY_Not wrote:Uhmmm... no they didn't. You paid for it with your money that you were able to get back from them. Same as a tax refund. It isn't free money you are getting from the IRS. It is simply a return of YOUR money that they kept and used interest free.


What WY_Not said.

It still is a good thing you got some of the money back though, because otherwise that money would've gone to support anti gun candidates. Good call :)
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Re: UAW pays for my OFCC patron membership! :)

Postby ashtabula » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:10 am

"Have you seen the interest being offered these days? Better to get the 1-2% back on credit card spending than interest income (and you don't have to declare it as income!)."

You don't have to report cash back as income because it's not income. The credit card company is just giving you a discount on the fees they charge. Regardless of the amount you are better receiving interest rather than cash back. If you allow your cash back to accumulate in your account, you are essentially providing the card company with an interest free loan.
ashtabula
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:06 am


Return to Jeff Kirchner's Korner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests