CMP M1911 sale rules posted, 12/4/17, SPOILER ALERT...

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

CMP M1911 sale rules posted, 12/4/17, SPOILER ALERT...

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all
I got this email on 12/04/2017 regarding the upcoming sale of surplus M1911A1 pistols from the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) thecmp.org .
I think many of you will be interested. :) SPOILER ALERT: Mail order ONLY! No sales at the North or South store.
To all CMP constituents:

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions:

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.
All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed.
Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting: 1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) successful completion of a NICS background check, 6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.
The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holder before the pistol can be transferred.
Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.
No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.
CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.
Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.
Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.
Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.
The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.
Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.
As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
Civilian Marksmanship Program
http://www.thecmp.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: CMP M1911 sale rules posted, 12/4/17, SPOILER ALERT...

Post by evan price »

So TWO nics checks are required and c&r ffls won't be accepted.
Yet another reason I'm not going to bother partaking.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

evan price wrote:So TWO nics checks are required and c&r ffls won't be accepted.
Yet another reason I'm not going to bother partaking.
I'am with you Evan, someone will jump through all the hoops to get one.
Then somewhere down the road decide's to dump it. They will be available without the BS. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I've also heard on FB that the price will be steep - $800 - $1000. I can't see a US Gov't surplus 1911 being worth that especially with the hassle.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!