Trip to NYC

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

fyrfytr310

Trip to NYC

Post by fyrfytr310 »

I always vowed to never go to NYC with one exception: In the event I am accepted into the NYC Marathon. That said, I was accepted earlier this year and have trained for the past 5 months. We'll be heading out Saturday morning from Dayton.

For those that have made the trip, we'll be staying in midtown Manhattan. Any recommendations for things to do for the kids? The obvious are Central Park (that's where the finish line is), the Children's Museum and the Museum of Natural History.

I told my wife the only non-negotiable stop on the trip (besides the starting line of the race) is the 911 memorial.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Brian D.

Re: Trip to NYC

Post by Brian D. »

Empire State Building observation deck was cool, but I like art deco era buildings anyway. My visit through town was about 10 am on a Sunday morning, coming back from a New England trip. Stayed in Manhattan an hour and a half tops, then got out of town quick as possible.

Only other trip through was about 2003, specifically to see where the Trade Center stood, and see the makeshift memorial there. Drove into town about 2 am on a Sunday morning, headed to that spot only.

I know others on this board will be of much more help, some people actually LIKE NYC, they tell me.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.