Bucks 4 Bullets

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Bucks 4 Bullets

Post by DOA33 »

http://citychurchinc.com/events.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On October 14 a church in Louisville is offering to pay $1 per bullet to take them off the street. " No questions asked."

I don't see this going exactly like they planned.

What if you reload? What's the cost for the actual bullet since they're only looking for that part of the round.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
M-Quigley

Re: Bucks 4 Bullets

Post by M-Quigley »

Is that for any kind of ammo, like 22lr? If so it might be worth a drive to Louisville. Might check out Knob Creek again while I'm in the area. :)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote:Is that for any kind of ammo, like 22lr? If so it might be worth a drive to Louisville.
Exactly what I was thinking. Makes me sad I disposed of my collection of .22LR misfires too. Drive down with a couple of boxes of bulk .22LR and walk away with a cool grand in profit.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

A dollar a bullet?

I'ma be RICH!!!!!! :D Even if they only want the bullet. Anyone want some cases, too? :P

Not gonna sell any of my 77 gr Mk262, but damn if I'm not gonna be selling them everything else I've got. :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
ruger

Post by ruger »

I still have about 15 boxes of Remington 9mm I got for $4.99 each after a mail-in rebate last year.

That’s a cool $45 profit per box. LOL. How fast can I get to this place ...... :mrgreen:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Their site makes it seem like cash is being offered, but even if true they'll crayfish quickly and substitute gift cards for stores we don't want to shop at. Or give away tickets to U of L basketball games.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

Brian D. wrote:Their site makes it seem like cash is being offered, but even if true they'll crayfish quickly and substitute gift cards for stores we don't want to shop at. Or give away tickets to U of L basketball games.
Close I saw a poster of the event and it stats a car will be given away.

here it is:
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Any idea who 'inheritance groups' is ? can't seem to google anything on them at all. Just curious who is behind the funding for this..

why is 'Feed the City' providing funding, or maybe just the location.. that sounds like a charity people donate to to feed the homeless or poor. http://www.feedthecityky.com/events.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One person supposedly called and is reporting a 30 round limit.. so less than a box o' forty. Not worth a long drive, unless you are already near that rough neighborhood.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Bruenor wrote: One person supposedly called and is reporting a 30 round limit.. so less than a box o' forty. Not worth a long drive, unless you are already near that rough neighborhood.
Would I need that box of .40 to arrive there? :lol:
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

TSiWRX wrote:
Bruenor wrote: One person supposedly called and is reporting a 30 round limit.. so less than a box o' forty. Not worth a long drive, unless you are already near that rough neighborhood.
Would I need that box of .40 to arrive there? :lol:
30 to sell and 20 to get you into and back outta the hood :D or so reports the locals.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Well I could make a quick $15k. And then buy 3 times the amount of ammo I started with :twisted: :D

I might have to rent a truck to get it all down there.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Hmmm, I've got most of a 5,000 round case of CCI Standard Velocity .22s... of course that doesn't count the THOUSANDS of 308, .224, .357, .400, .442 and .452 bullets I've got sitting around...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

OK, so who's now rich and taking us all out for steaks?! :lol:

I know, I know, 30-round limit. :P