Parents to be jailed for kids behavior

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Parents to be jailed for kids behavior

Post by bignflnut »

Be honest, how many of you cheered?
Parents of children found bullying other minors could face jail time under a new law approved in a western New York community.

The law went into effect Oct. 1 in the Niagara county city of North Tonawanda, just north of Buffalo.

Members of the North Tonawanda Common Council hope the new law will put a stop to bullying by holding parents accountable for their children's actions. Parents could be fined $250 and sentenced to 15 days in jail if twice in a 90-day period their child under 18 violates the city's curfew or any other city law, including bullying.
These are the people that we're up against. People that would punish the parents, who are likely divorced and may only see the kids on every other weekend (how did that happen?) for the behavior of the child.
#HomeschoolingWorks

This is so un-American. Due process, anyone?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bianchi?

Re: Parents to be jailed for kids behavior

Post by Bianchi? »

How does this apply to foster / adopted? Because I know first hand of one case where a youth with an extensive family history of mischief and trouble making was adopted by a very nice family, but has continued down his biological family's path.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Is there an age limit? I had better warn my parents that their parenting style in the 50 & 60's now makes them liable for my, ahem, less than stellar behavior. :oops:
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I like it......
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I like it......
Me too :-)
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Can they lock the kids in the cell WITH the parents ? If you are going to send a message, make the message complete.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Bruenor wrote:Can they lock the kids in the cell WITH the parents ? If you are going to send a message, make the message complete.
Cruel and unusual punishment....Well, maybe not the unusual part.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

How many kids will act out in order to get the parents locked up? ("I told you to leave me alone, DAD")
Tell me teenagers aren't "bright" enough to do this.

Is it going to be 80% of dads that get locked up? 50/50 moms and dads? What about weekend dad vs step-dad?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798