Good Place to Get a Camera Cleaned?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Good Place to Get a Camera Cleaned?

Post by deanimator »

Having gotten much more serious about macrophotography, I've started to notice evidence of dust on the sensor of my camera.

Since I couldn't find any evidence online of local stores having GOOD sensor cleaning gear, I ordered recommended items from Amazon early this morning after work.

Unfortunately, none of it's going to be here until the 11th, so it'll be a while before I even know whether I can take care of the problem myself.

In case I can't, does anybody know of a GOOD place to get my sensor cleaned?

Camera is a Canon T4i.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Good Place to Get a Camera Cleaned?

Post by steves 50de »

deanimator wrote:Having gotten much more serious about macrophotography, I've started to notice evidence of dust on the sensor of my camera.

Since I couldn't find any evidence online of local stores having GOOD sensor cleaning gear, I ordered recommended items from Amazon early this morning after work.

Unfortunately, none of it's going to be here until the 11th, so it'll be a while before I even know whether I can take care of the problem myself.

Camera is a Canon T4i.
My buddy bill is into photography i will check with him and let you know.
Black Rifles Matter
deanimator

Re: Good Place to Get a Camera Cleaned?

Post by deanimator »

steves 50de wrote:
deanimator wrote:Having gotten much more serious about macrophotography, I've started to notice evidence of dust on the sensor of my camera.

Camera is a Canon T4i.
My buddy bill is into photography i will check with him and let you know.
Thanks.

I actually found some cleaning gear at Pixel Connection in Avon that they don't show on their web site.

I'm going to try doing a wet cleaning of the sensor in a few minutes, but I'd like a reliable backup in case I can't get the job done.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.