Pike County Murders

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BEAR!

Pike County Murders

Post by BEAR! »

I commented on another thread and mentioned our states attorney general and it started me wondering about a couple of things.

!. Has anyone seen any mention of the 8 people murdered in Pike County almost a year and a half ago?

2. Why is the case being investigated by the Ohio BCI alone? Can't the FBI help out or is that just for federal crimes?

To me when I see that geeky looking Mike DeWhine giving a press conference it doesn't exactly instill confidence in his investigative abilities.
I doubt he could find his butt with both hands and a flashlight. :P j/k
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Notasmiff

Re: Pike County Murders

Post by Notasmiff »

The FBI, a corrupt government agency, needs dismantling and real rebuilding.
They can't even investigate someone who doesn't need any investigation (HRC) :roll:
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Only mention I've seen is posters in rest areas. Rumor mills in the area is it was cartel related. I doubt we'll ever see anything come from it if that's the case, given the population density there and ample time to prep/clean up afterwards.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Notasmiff wrote:The FBI, a corrupt government agency, needs dismantling and real rebuilding.
They can't even investigate someone who doesn't need any investigation (HRC) :roll:
Not true locally.....In DC maybe...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

BEAR! wrote:I commented on another thread and mentioned our states attorney general and it started me wondering about a couple of things.

!. Has anyone seen any mention of the 8 people murdered in Pike County almost a year and a half ago?
Yes. Constantly.

I'm on the AG's email list. His department announces activity and requests help on the investigation quite regularly.
BEAR! wrote:2. Why is the case being investigated by the Ohio BCI alone? Can't the FBI help out or is that just for federal crimes?
It's not. Both the FBI and the DEA offered to help back in April of 2016.
BEAR! wrote:To me when I see that geeky looking Mike DeWhine giving a press conference it doesn't exactly instill confidence in his investigative abilities.
I know you're joking, but they still haven't found Jimmy Hoffa. If it's a clean hit, it will never be solved.
MyWifeSaidYes
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
BEAR! wrote:I commented on another thread and mentioned our states attorney general and it started me wondering about a couple of things.

Yes. Constantly.

I'm on the AG's email list. His department announces activity and requests help on the investigation quite regularly.
BEAR! wrote:2. Why is the case being investigated by the Ohio BCI alone? Can't the FBI help out or is that just for federal crimes?
It's not. Both the FBI and the DEA offered to help back in April of 2016.
BEAR! wrote:To me when I see that geeky looking Mike DeWhine giving a press conference it doesn't exactly instill confidence in his investigative abilities.
I know you're joking, but they still haven't found Jimmy Hoffa. If it's a clean hit, it will never be solved.
Thank you MWSY, I didn't know this as I'm not on the attorney generals mailing list.

You're right they still haven't found Jimmy Hoffa, a crooked union boss with mob ties who was killed by people who do that a lot as well as get rid of bodies but do you really think this was a whole family wiped out by the mafia?

I know I hear the same rumors that it was a "mexican drug cartel" hit but I find that hard to believe.

8 people 17 months later and no arrests. It just looks like the investigators are inept.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

My guess is they know exactly whodoneit but don't have the evidence to prove it in court.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

WestonDon wrote:My guess is they know exactly whodoneit but don't have the evidence to prove it in court.
The other problem is I belive it is three crimes scenes a good distance apart and they all took place at the right time. So now you have the issue of you may have a group, but do you have enough evidence to prove who inside that group did each of the murders? Cartel style murders are the toughest to prove especially if nobody is willing to talk at all.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

BEAR! wrote:...17 months later and no arrests. It just looks like the investigators are inept.
I wouldn't equate "unsuccessful" with "inept"...unless there were several other investigations that have stalled and remain unsolved. If you don't hit the bullseye every single time, it doesn't mean you're a bad shot.

And no, I don't think 'the mafia did it'. Cartel? Well, that's not a lot different than 'mafia'. Let's just go with 'organized crime'.

I think whoever did these murders did NOT do them out of emotion or spur of the moment. I think the culprits (yes, I think there were several) carefully planned their actions. I think they knew what they were going to do before, during and after the crime.
MyWifeSaidYes