2 kids die

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: 2 kids die

Post by M-Quigley »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Guns don't kill people...PEOPLE kill people.

But drugs? It's all the drug's fault.

SMH.
Certain drugs are physically addictive, but I've never seen anyone physically addicted to the shooting sports.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote:

SMH.
Certain drugs are physically addictive, but I've never seen anyone physically addicted to the shooting sports.
Not getting your point.

A person chooses to pick up a deadly weapon like a gun and use it to harm someone. Fault lies with the person, not the weapon. Legislation to control the weapon doesn't work as there will always be deadly weapons of some kind, the act is the problem.

A person chooses to acquire an addictive, harmful substance like heroin and use it to harm themself. Fault lies with the person, not the substance. Legislation to control the substance doesn't work as there will always be addictive, harmful substances of some kind, the act is the problem.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JustaShooter wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:

SMH.
Not getting your point.

A person chooses to pick up a deadly weapon like a gun and use it to harm someone. Fault lies with the person, not the weapon. Legislation to control the weapon doesn't work as there will always be deadly weapons of some kind, the act is the problem.

A person chooses to acquire an addictive, harmful substance like heroin and use it to harm themself. Fault lies with the person, not the substance. Legislation to control the substance doesn't work as there will always be addictive, harmful substances of some kind, the act is the problem.
I guess my point is that not everyone on an illegal drug started out on an illegal drug. My two relatives both started out on legal drugs for pain relief, prescribed by a doctor that they trusted. They didn't know at the time they were going to end up hooked on narcotic medication. Now they can't the legal medication, so they turned to illegal sources.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/ ... drug-abuse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;