Never in the Military? This is a glimpse...

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Never in the Military? This is a glimpse...

Post by WY_Not »

LOl! That is like saying that I would be more informed by reading the InfoWars site on a daily basis. Neither site is a banner example of journalistic integrity.
JU-87 wrote:
WY_Not wrote:I served. My sister is currently serving. I'm hardly uninformed.
Your more informed now. :)
I am not naive enough to think that every person in a military uniform is a "good person". I am aware enough of the blank check they wrote when they enlisted to at least give them the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise and to not paint them all with the same broad brush. And I am also aware enough to realize that you did not start this thread out of the goodness of your heart or for our benefit.
JU-87 wrote:I just want people to know that the young man or women in uniform that you may see in any airport, is NOT necessarily a "good person". To assume they automatically are is incredibly naive.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

Perhaps I should look back on my 17 years of active duty service that my wife and family cope with. I never raped or murdered anything/anyone. Im sorry that your experience in the military was not a positive one, but the brush (which seems to be a paint roller) is not a proper representation of those that chose to live not only by the values that were instilled by parents or the military.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

yogidave wrote:Perhaps I should look back on my 17 years of active duty service that my wife and family cope with. I never raped or murdered anything/anyone. Im sorry that your experience in the military was not a positive one, but the brush (which seems to be a paint roller) is not a proper representation of those that chose to live not only by the values that were instilled by parents or the military.
This.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
yogidave wrote:Perhaps I should look back on my 17 years of active duty service that my wife and family cope with. I never raped or murdered anything/anyone. Im sorry that your experience in the military was not a positive one, but the brush (which seems to be a paint roller) is not a proper representation of those that chose to live not only by the values that were instilled by parents or the military.
This.
Thank you.
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

yogidave wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:
This.
Thank you.
In my 22 years of service, my overall experiences were very positive.
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

WY_Not wrote: ...And I am also aware enough to realize that you did not start this thread out of the goodness of your heart or for our benefit...
Actually, it really is for your benifit.
I think you and others have learned somthing. Something that may have hurt your previously held beliefs.

Remember I wrote " a glimpse..." You do not seem to acknowledge that.

Best regards.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Sneakypete wrote: In my 22 years of service, my overall experiences were very positive.
I believe you.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I never accused you of a crime.

Why are you sorry for? :roll:

What "brush"? What "paint roller"? Facts are facts, even if they hurt a little.

Glimpse. A glimpse. Glimpse...

Best regards.

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

"HOW IT REALLY IS "....those are you're words...
John 447

Post by John 447 »

I find your generalization of the military in a negative light a little bit offensive.

I served 23 years and while there was the occasional asshat to deal with, I really enjoyed the experience and the majority of those I served with were first rate heroes. I still regret not having stayed for the full 30 years.

Our military is an awesome group of people.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I was going to move on...agree to disagree, if you will..until I got this email today from Military.com. (see below).

Oh my gosh. :shock: :lol: :evil:

It is SO easy to win this debate...(My position being: NOT everyone in uniform is a good person. Some are good. Most average. Some are bad. Real bad.)

Too much military worship here. I think those folks here who are offended are too sensitive, or naive.

Here are links to some current military members activities:
A decorated Marine colonel was sentenced to 5-1/2 years behind bars after being found guilty of sexually abusing a six-year-old girl, a military jury of colonels and generals determined Sunday.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... _170912.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thirteen Fort Hood soldiers face solicitation of prostitution charges after they were arrested during a two-day sting operation in locations near the Army post in central Texas, local law enforcement and Army officials said.

The soldiers -- among 20 individuals arrested in the operation -- ranged in rank from private to major and were arrested after agreeing to pay for sex, Maj. T.J. Cruz of the Bell County Sheriff's Office said Thursday...Solicitation of prostitution is a misdemeanor with a punishment ranging from a fine to jail time, but the soldiers could face additional punishment or adverse impacts on their military career. Pandering and prostitution is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Servicemembers found guilty at court-martial face a maximum penalty that includes a dishonorable discharge and a year of confinement.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... _170912.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's not leave out the National Guard:
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. — Authorities say a National Guardsman has been jailed after a reported threat against Vice President Mike Pence before his visit to Pennsylvania for the annual observance of the Flight 93 crash. Twenty-two-year-old William Robert Dunbar of Berlin was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct and terroristic threats.

Richland Township police allege that Dunbar was on duty at the Army National Guard Training Center when he said, "If someone pays me enough money, I will kill the vice president." Witnesses said they contacted commanding officers after they heard Dunbar make the threat twice....

Let's not forget Veterans:
An Army veteran from Reno County was sentenced to three years of probation and ordered to pay $70,000 in restitution for benefits he received by pretending to be blind.
U.S. Attorney Tom Beall said 62-year-old Billy J. Alumbaugh, of Turon, was sentenced Wednesday for conspiracy to defraud the government...

That's all in one email, on one day!!

If anyone who has read this thread, still thinks that everyone currently in our military or that all Veterans, are good people, you must be just be dumb.

Please wake up.

I've enjoyed winning this. But at the same time, I feel a little sadness. I feel like I have just revealed to children that there is no Santa.

Best regards.

P. S.
You guys who did careers: Glad it worked out for you.

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

JU-87 wrote:
If anyone who has read this thread, still thinks that everyone currently in our military or that all Veterans, are good people, you must be just be dumb.

Please wake up.

I've enjoyed winning this. But at the same time, I feel a little sadness. I feel like I have just revealed to children that there is no Santa.

Best regards.

P. S.
And I think that is where you lose. If you think anyone who read this thread EVER thought that there were no bad apples in the military, well to use your words you must be just dumb. If you expect people to believe that the whole premise of your post was just to let people know that there are bad people serving in the military, well I won't repeat myself, but it sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Thank you for your service, sorry it left such a scar on you.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

cashman966 wrote:
JU-87 wrote:

Please wake up.

Best regards.

P. S.
And I think that is where you lose. If you think anyone who read this thread EVER thought that there were no bad apples in the military, well to use your words you must be just dumb. If you expect people to believe that the whole premise of your post was just to let people know that there are bad people serving in the military, well I won't repeat myself, but it sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Thank you for your service, sorry it left such a scar on you.
THIS.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

carmen fovozzo wrote:"HOW IT REALLY IS "....those are you're words...
THIS.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Stuka, you seem to be outnumbered on this subject.