Will building material be in short supply?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Will building material be in short supply?

Post by Brian D. »

Typically, after hurricanes and such, wood and other building materials are sent to the area that needs help, leaving local supplies limited, and spendy. Navy Chief, am I right about this?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TJW815

Re: Will building material be in short supply?

Post by TJW815 »

Luckily Houston is near (relatively speaking) some rather large mills and forests that were not affected by the storm and it's the end of the prime building season so we shouldn't see much of an issue around here. We will probably have some inventory interruptions with chainsaws, generators, tarps, and mold remediation supplies though.

Gas is going to jump a bit I'm sure. Any word on if the refineries suffered damage?
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Will building material be in short supply?

Post by rimfireOH »

TJW815 wrote:Gas is going to jump a bit I'm sure. Any word on if the refineries suffered damage?
WSJ says hurricane has "disrupted nearly 15% of U.S. refinery capacity as of Monday morning". I was hearing that number closer to 25% Much of the Gulf's crude production is offline, too. Sooner or later, there will be some sort of a ripple effect on prices up here.