Amazon Sunday Delivery?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: Amazon Sunday Delivery?

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:I am so not impressed with Amazons shipping.
Until THIS, I've been quite impressed. It hasn't been that unusual to get stuff a day early That makes it all the more jarring.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

dl1911 wrote:Found out later it was a sub instead of my regular delivery woman.
Some of the forum posts have claimed that the Sunday delivery people are either disgruntled managers or low wage short term employees.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

deanimator wrote:
dl1911 wrote:Found out later it was a sub instead of my regular delivery woman.
Some of the forum posts have claimed that the Sunday delivery people are either disgruntled managers or low wage short term employees.
The Sunday Amazon delivery is performed by CCA's, (City Carrier Assistant). They are not carreer employees, and are treated very poorly. Your regular letter carriers, most have split days off, Tues/Sunday, Thurs/Sunday, etc. The USPS is loath to use your regular carrier for Sunday Amazon because-overtime. Supervisors/managers loose the opportunity for a bonus and they literally get screamed at for utilizing overtime.
The attrition rate was highest among City Carrier Assistants, the non-career, lower paid position created by the last (arbitrated) city carrier contract. CCAs have an attrition rate of 54.24%, meaning that on average, most don’t last a year before quitting.
Story Link
It sucks, but USPS management decided they needed second class employees that have almost no benifits and earn much less money for performing the same job as a regular carrier. When you see it from the inside, it really looks like the USPS is voluntarily self destructing. There are certainly private companies salivating over the possibility of the USPS being "privatized".
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Or, the Federal union benefits (and patronage hiring practices) do not correlate with the market position that the USPS now occupies. And thus they need more workflow at lower cost. And that plan is not implemented by the best and brightest.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Mr. Glock wrote:Or, the Federal union benefits (and patronage hiring practices) do not correlate with the market position that the USPS now occupies. And thus they need more workflow at lower cost. And that plan is not implemented by the best and brightest.
Yep, there are 3 different unions I think. Carriers, clerks and mail handlers. Union membership is not required for employment, or hiring. Hiring is supposed to be strictly derived from the hiring registers, which originate from test scores. There is a significant amount of nepotism however. even with rules to the contrary. The main problem as I see it, is that even though there are job requirements, supervisors and managers are routinely promoted from the ranks, (nearly zero outside hiring), and the written requirements are waived. The skill sets needed to be a supervisor: leadership, job knowledge, college degrees, soft skills, labor relations, a certain amount of innate intelligence - are painfully missing and the USPS does nothing to alleviate this issue. The people I am talking about are the ones negotiating with the unions on a daily basis, and most could not articulate the differences between their fundaments and a hole in the ground. It is painfully funny.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

dl1911 wrote:
deanimator wrote:I've spent the afternoon on Amazon's support forums reading literally DOZENS (if not hundreds) of complaints about USPS lying about Sunday (and other) deliveries. It seems like it's SOP for them to lie about "business closed" for a residential delivery, "no access" for places anyone could walk into, and a variety of other whoppers, frequently documented on video.
Had something like that happen once with the "no access" which was strange since it's a single dwelling residential address and I had taken the day off so I could be here for it, had to take a second day. I filed a complaint even though it arrived the next day. Carrier just didn't want to bother delivering it that day and couldn't come out and say it. Found out later it was a sub instead of my regular delivery woman.
This has happened to me as well. USPS as well as other couriers.

techmike's post was a good read for me - thanks, techmike, I learned something today!
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Update:

So far, no lamps and no explanation.

I filed a complaint on Sunday, to which their site says I will receive a response in one business day. Another lie.

Tonight, I checked and the status has not changed. I tried to file a complaint about them ignoring my complaint. The submission fails every time.

Maybe they ought to just merge the USPS, the IRS and the VA and call it a day...
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

I've seen both sides of the coin. When I was a city carrier, we was told to scan the package when we was in front of the delivery address. However the guy I was training under would scan all the packages as delivered as we loaded the truck. So it would show delivered if someone was to check their tracking number when we hadn't left yet. :roll: And yes he would get called out on it since the customers would call in wondering where the package was left at. I had one house on my split that would have 5-10 packages to be delivered and then 5-10 packages to be picked up as well. I would spend at least 10 mins scanning everything. I like using Amazon a lot and the packages arrive when it said it would be, only twice have I had the package marked delivered but didn't show till the next day. Where I moved to has Sunday delivery and have used it once so far.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

The bottom line for me is that when I buy from Amazon I'm completely confident I won't get ripped off. Sure beats buying from Bob's Shady Emporium or FeeBay.

Yeah there might be some inconvenience here or there but I know I'll get what I ordered or I'll get my money back, give or take a few days.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

djthomas wrote:The bottom line for me is that when I buy from Amazon I'm completely confident I won't get ripped off. Sure beats buying from Bob's Shady Emporium or FeeBay.

Yeah there might be some inconvenience here or there but I know I'll get what I ordered or I'll get my money back, give or take a few days.
And sometimes even get to keep the product. I bought a gas cap a few years ago and it didn't fit even though it said it was compatible. I filed a refund/exchange, received the new one and was told not to worry about sending the old one back.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
djthomas wrote:The bottom line for me is that when I buy from Amazon I'm completely confident I won't get ripped off. Sure beats buying from Bob's Shady Emporium or FeeBay.

And sometimes even get to keep the product. I bought a gas cap a few years ago and it didn't fit even though it said it was compatible. I filed a refund/exchange, received the new one and was told not to worry about sending the old one back.
My daughter ordered a Canon T6i from Amazon and they sent her a 60D which was about twice the price. She contacted them about the mistake and they told her just to keep it and only charged her for the T6i. Can't complain about that kind of treatment. Just wish it would happen to me.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I've bought many, many items from Amazon since the late 90s. Never an issue on returns/exchanges/product issues.

I even returned a generator without issue, that the manufacturer wouldn't repair properly under warranty (defective returns hit manufacturers/vendors, not Amazon itself, financially)
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I have little problem with Amazon. My problem is with their unfortunate relationship with USPS, which burned me a BUNCH of other people.

I reordered my lamps and got them via UPS with no problems at all.

Amazon's not the problem. Amazon trusting the USPS to be anything but incompetent and mendacious is the problem.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Yep, I have a pool that has salt water I needed a new salt cell and ordered a new one. The site I ordered from looked legit but I got burned. Took my money never shipped part 235.00 BUCKS. I will let Master card deal with them. I DIDNT DO MY HOMEWORK. They are on the scam guard and BBB radar. :oops: :twisted: great advice dj :wink:
Last edited by steves 50de on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black Rifles Matter
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

deanimator wrote:Update:

So far, no lamps and no explanation.

I filed a complaint on Sunday, to which their site says I will receive a response in one business day. Another lie.

Tonight, I checked and the status has not changed. I tried to file a complaint about them ignoring my complaint. The submission fails every time.

Maybe they ought to just merge the USPS, the IRS and the VA and call it a day...
Any news on your lamps? Amazon has always responded to my emails/complaints/questions within 1 business day. Or are you complaining to the USPS? That can be an exercise in frustration.