Amazon Sunday Delivery?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Amazon Sunday Delivery?

Post by schmieg »

deanimator wrote:I've got a Wemacro automated focus rail coming from China, via UPS (the company uses whichever commercial carrier is cheapest for that particular destination).

UPS shows it in Middleburg Heights, with an anticipated delivery day of Monday.

It's going to a friend's office while I'm at work. I'm pretty sure that I've got a better chance of my rail showing up on time FROM CHINA via UPS than I do two lamps showing up from Amazon in the US via USPS.

BTW - A couple of weeks ago, a delivery person wearing an Amazon polo shirt delivered a package to my building (Sunday too, I think). She said they were a contract commercial carrier for Amazon. I saw the truck with the carrier name, which I forget. It was somebody besides UPS or Fedex. She actually CALLED the recipient to tell him his package was there.

Maybe Amazon is starting to get the message...
The problem with stuff coming from China (and even Canada lately) is that it can sit in customs for extended periods.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand