FITZGERALD TO BLAME FOR DEADLY COLLISION-report

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

FITZGERALD TO BLAME FOR DEADLY COLLISION-report

Post by JU-87 »

:shock:

PRELIMINARY REPORT INDICATES FITZGERALD TO BLAME FOR DEADLY COLLISION AT SEA IN JUNE
"MULTIPLE ERRORS BY CREW" CITED IN AS YET UNRELEASED NAVY INVESTIGATION - WHY WAS
SKIPPER ASLEEP IN HIS QUARTERS DURING TIME
HIS DESTROYER TRAVELING IN HIGH-TRAFFIC
AREA?
- HOW COME BOTH BRIDGE AND C.I.C. DID
NOT WAKE CAPTAIN - TAKE EVASIVE ACTION?

© 2017 MilitaryCorruption.com

It's beginning to look like more than a few of the crew on the USS Fitzgerald - the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer heavily damaged with loss of life in a collision at sea last month - are going to have to walk the plank. First one In line will likely be the warship's skipper, CMDR Bryce Benson, still recuperating from serious injuries he suffered in the June 17 crash...
http://www.militarycorruption.com/USSFitgerald3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: FITZGERALD TO BLAME FOR DEADLY COLLISION-report

Post by pk47 »

Terrible analysis by someone who doesn't know much about sea lanes and traffic. For an informed analysis, read a retired US Navy captain who commanded similar ships:

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedi ... e-god-go-i
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

For all the hoopla in that U.S. Navy TV commercial narrated by Lou Gosset Jr....about being the largest most sophisticated blue water Navy on the planet...they sure have been looking like fools lately. From the USS Cole, to the more recent capture of sailors by Iranians, and the capturing of one of our drones by the Chinese...to the Fitzgerald. I'm almost certain I left something out...like the Tailhook scandal. Makes one wonder what's next.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

From the OP link:
It is almost inexplicable how the tin-can's crew could have missed the fact a 29,000-ton container ship was bearing down on them, and at least summon Benson to the bridge to order evasive action.
Why would whoever was in charge on the bridge even need to summon Benson to the bridge so that he could order evasive action?
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

This just in...

Navy Fires Commander, XO from USS Fitzgerald for Fatal Collision
The commander of the destroyer USS Fitzgerald and the executive officer have been permanently detached from the ship and face non-judicial punishment over the deadly collision in June with a container ship, the Navy announced Thursday...
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... ision.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

When I first saw the title ("FITZGERALD TO BLAME FOR DEADLY COLLISION"), I wasn't sure what I'd be reading.

You see, we had this politician up north here named Fitzgerald who had some issues with his drivers license (or the lack thereof) a while back. I don't think there was any actual collision, but I think his lack of a license and some other unauthorized activities ended up "sinking" him in the 2014 Ohio gubernatorial election. When I saw this title, I figured he was back in the news for some reason.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

rimfireOH wrote:When I first saw the title ("FITZGERALD TO BLAME FOR DEADLY COLLISION"), I wasn't sure what I'd be reading.

You see, we had this politician up north here named Fitzgerald who had some issues with his drivers license (or the lack thereof) a while back. I don't think there was any actual collision, but I think his lack of a license and some other unauthorized activities ended up "sinking" him in the 2014 Ohio gubernatorial election. When I saw this title, I figured he was back in the news for some reason.
I too thought of Edward Fitzgerald the politician, and the long since perished freighter Edmund Fitzgerald, just from the thread title.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Oh...I guess you both didn't hear or read about the ship USS Fitzgerald colliding with a Japanese freighter....

Oh.

Oh. Ok.

:roll:

Nothing personal. I'm just surprised at your confusion. But impressed with your honesty.
Best regards.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JU-87 wrote:Oh...I guess you both didn't hear or read about the ship USS Fitzgerald colliding with a Japanese freighter....

Oh.

Oh. Ok.

:roll:

Nothing personal. I'm just surprised at your confusion. But impressed with your honesty.
Best regards.
I was being a little tongue-in-cheek. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

JU-87 wrote:Oh...I guess you both didn't hear or read about the ship USS Fitzgerald colliding with a Japanese freighter....
Oh, I knew about the Fitzgerald/freighter collision, it just wasn't the first thing on my mind when I saw the title.