Nomorobo

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

Nomorobo

Post by glocksmith »

Anyone else use this on their phone? For us it has been a Godsend in eliminating nuisance calls. Lately though, I have been getting a few marketing calls slip through. According to my caller id they appear to come from residences in my area - same prefix as me, and although I don't know them, they look like regular people like myself. I looked them up online and they are ordinary residences. I suspect that scammers etc. are somehow bypassing Nomorbo and putting joe citizens name and phone number up on my screen. I can go in on my Spectrum account and block "joe citizen"...but IMO that does absolutely nothing except block an innocent person I don't know from calling me. Has anyone else noticed this problem on their Nomorobo equipped phone. Getting calls which appear to come from your neighborhood...and what if anything can be done about it?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Nomorobo

Post by sodbuster95 »

It is ridiculously easy to spoof caller ID information and I suspect you're not the only one who's experienced it.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Yeah, but it makes me wonder how they're getting past Nomorobo. These are real people and their phone numbers they are putting on my caller ID. For all I know, they might have used my name and number. :?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Face

Post by Face »

glocksmith wrote:Yeah, but it makes me wonder how they're getting past Nomorobo. These are real people and their phone numbers they are putting on my caller ID. For all I know, they might have used my name and number. :?
They will get past Nomorobo because they never get submitted to it, are not used enough, etc. They can actually use a number one time and roll to a different one.

I have it and some others on a landline. Does not work for everyone, but on my cell I on;y allow numbers in my contact list. Everything else gets voice mail.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

So it can be used on a cell, my cell too? That would be awesome.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!