Whining snowflake and a great side story.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Whining snowflake and a great side story.

Post by AlanM »

I found about this article on one of the Utah gun forums (that's another story).
The thread there is discussing the comments accompanying the story that are totally pwning the author of the article.

REPORTER’S NOTEBOOK: Open Air, Open Carry

First, my take on this article. The author, a woman (not that it matters), sees a man open carrying at an open air Shakespeare performance in Wyoming and goes on a rant about how it ruined her evening.
What strikes me as "snowflake" logic is this paragraph and that she then goes on with her rant.
This was the first time I’d been confronted with the reality of Wyoming’s open carry gun laws. The man was totally within his rights to carry and display his gun. It did not matter if people sitting near him felt uncomfortable or threatened. His right to carry outweighs my wish to not encounter firearms in crowded public venues.
EXACTLY!!!!

AS I stated, the comments following the story rake the author over the coals, but as comments often do, one got slightly sidetracked.

One comment is an entire story in itself. And caused me to break up laughing.

Someone had commented something like: "What happens when you see an LEO with a gun? Do you stare at them?"
Here's the answer:
Chris Dooley · Texas A&M
"Do you stare at their sidearm"
I did, once.

Then I tapped the officer on the shoulder

Then I told him, as politely and discreetly as I could, that he had no magazine in his weapon.

I check my duty sidearm several times a day ever since.
Reply · Aug 4, 2017 6:20pm
I will admit, after reading the entire article that the author does rationally inform people of the change in the Wyoming atmosphere regarding open carry.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Whining snowflake and a great side story.

Post by schmieg »

Well, not too rationally. She complains about tensions being increased between police and open carriers while ignoring the police chief's statement that such tensions quickly dissipated as everyone got used to the idea. I'm surprised she included the full statement as she obviously wanted to make it an issue.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

I was out in Wyoming in the 70's. 90% of the people had sidearms and there was a Winchester in the back window of the pickups. She might've been too young to remember though.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

screwman wrote:I was out in Wyoming in the 70's. 90% of the people had sidearms and there was a Winchester in the back window of the pickups. She might've been too young to remember though.
That be your "Easy rider rifle rack for not one but two of your favorite rifles or shotguns" :D
I used to have one in the rear side window of a 79 IH Scout and another in a back window of a 78 Chevy pick up. Saw a LOT while working in Texas 1980-81.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

What is to get used to? What new laws?

As far as I can remember, Wyoming has always been OC with no permit. Heck even CC was a minor misdemeanor that didn't ramp up. Get busted for it as often as you wanted was more like a nuisance rather than a problem. And they recently did away with the permit requirement unless you wanted one for reciprocity.

Little snowflake needs to go back to California. If the author intends to stay in Wyoming then perhaps she should seek help for her mental issues.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.