Happy birthday Louis!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Happy birthday Louis!

Post by Brian D. »

Hope it's a great one.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Happy birthday Louis!

Post by Javelin Man »

Happy Birthday! :)
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Not everyone knows who Louis is...including this old person.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Not everyone knows who Louis is...including this old person.
Louis has put together at least one meet and greet down here, and along with his wife, attended several others. Nice folks.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

WEll then Happy Birthday Louis.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pniemeyer »

Brian D. wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Not everyone knows who Louis is...including this old person.
Louis has put together at least one meet and greet down here, and along with his wife, attended several others. Nice folks.
Very nice folks.

Have a great birthday Louis!
NRA Benefactor Member

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Happy b/d Louis.
Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Louis »

Thanks to all! Especially those who still remember us. We have been doing a lot of traveling which gives one a different perspective on concealed carry. Louis
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Happy birthday Louis!

I've met Louis and his lovely wife at a couple meet and greets.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Louis wrote:Thanks to all! Especially those who still remember us. We have been doing a lot of traveling which gives one a different perspective on concealed carry. Louis
Happy birthday and feel free to post on your expanded perspectives.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Louis »

schmieg wrote:
Louis wrote:Thanks to all! Especially those who still remember us. We have been doing a lot of traveling which gives one a different perspective on concealed carry. Louis
Happy birthday and feel free to post on your expanded perspectives.
The country is a checkerboard of gun laws and viewpoints. As much as I think we need national reciprocity and/or a rebirth of the Second Amendment, we must deal patiently with people who are often surprisingly fearful of our entire culture.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Louis wrote:The country is a checkerboard of gun laws and viewpoints. As much as I think we need national reciprocity and/or a rebirth of the Second Amendment, we must deal patiently with people who are often surprisingly fearful of our entire culture.
Be careful of wording. By using "we" and "our" it isolates us as minorities and amplifies the "Us vs. Them" opposition. Non gun owners...and outright antis also have Second Amendment rights....they simply have chosen not to use them...that's the only distinction. If we are categorized as an interest group, subculture or whatever...then we're doomed in the long run. I hope I'm making sense, but this is a difficult concept to explain here. So I'll just shut up.

Happy B-Day BTW 8)
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Louis
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Louis »

glocksmith wrote:
Louis wrote:The country is a checkerboard of gun laws and viewpoints. As much as I think we need national reciprocity and/or a rebirth of the Second Amendment, we must deal patiently with people who are often surprisingly fearful of our entire culture.
Be careful of wording. By using "we" and "our" it isolates us as minorities and amplifies the "Us vs. Them" opposition. Non gun owners...and outright antis also have Second Amendment rights....they simply have chosen not to use them...that's the only distinction. If we are categorized as an interest group, subculture or whatever...then we're doomed in the long run. I hope I'm making sense, but this is a difficult concept to explain here. So I'll just shut up.

Happy B-Day BTW 8)
Thanks for the thoughts! Actually, I was thinking of the vast majority as the "we" and fearful people as a minority, but I have always suffered from using undefined pronouns. It would have been easy for me to be more clear - sorry! I'm glad you raised the issue.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Louis wrote:
glocksmith wrote:

Happy B-Day BTW 8)
Thanks for the thoughts! Actually, I was thinking of the vast majority as the "we" and fearful people as a minority, but I have always suffered from using undefined pronouns. It would have been easy for me to be more clear - sorry! I'm glad you raised the issue.
It all depends on where you are. When I was in Utah this past spring, I saw Gun Welcome signs at many of the businesses.

When I travel, I make a spreadsheet using handgunlaws.us which lists the major issues such as notification, park carry, church carry, bars, restaurants, private homes, etc. I can usually get ten to fifteen states on one page using landscape mode. If I need more detailed info, I can use the CCW app on my phone which, while not as detailed as handgunlaws.us, still provides significant information. You are correct. It is a patchwork. Don't forget to notify a homeowner before entering a home while armed in South Carolina. Just show your license to enter the State House in Texas while armed. Don't get caught with a hollow point round anywhere in your car in New Jersey.

It is difficult to keep it straight while traveling, but you have to do it. National reciprocity won't solve that problem, but it would at least allow us to carry in all 50 states and the territories. Of course if weather forces your flight to Guam to be rerouted to Mexico, you might still have problems.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand