UCSD Students protest Dalai Lama for his lack of tolerance

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

UCSD Students protest Dalai Lama for his lack of tolerance

Post by Bruenor »

I had to double check that I wasn't up on 'The Onion' website..

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/uc-san- ... isiveness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Students at the University of California San Diego staged a protest last week in the hopes that school administrators would cancel a planned appearance by that hard-line conservative commentator whose rhetoric is known to incite violence wherever he goes: the Dalai Lama.

For once, the complainers weren’t campus liberals, but Chinese students who claimed the Dalai Lama’s message of world peace was actually a cover for a campaign of violence, property damage, and death, which runs contrary to UCSD’s commitment to tolerance and equality.
I've never really followed the Dalai Lama, but that's not the message I ever associated him with.

I read some of these stories, and feel like I'm in bizarro world.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Re: UCSD Students protest Dalai Lama for his lack of toleran

Post by deanimator »

Pure PRC government astroturf.

It's the equivalent of German exchange students protesting Charlie Chaplin over "The Great Dictator" in 1941.

It appears to me that these Chinese "students' associations" are what the Japanese "veterans' associations" were alleged to be in the 1930s. I'm sure that at the very least, they're involved in espionage recruitment.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.