Looking for commissioned police officers

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Homer J

Looking for commissioned police officers

Post by Homer J »

I'm an Area Manager for a national security company and I have a client that wants off duty police. I'm looking to hire commissioned police officers that work in villages surrounding the Cincinnati area. You will be hired through my company and wear our uniform. The hours would be between 25 to 33 hours per week and the pay rate would be $20 per hour. I would need a copy of your OPOTA basic police certification and a police department ID to show that you're currently commissioned. The client understands that you would be out of your jurisdiction and would not have the same power as you would within your jurisdiction they're just looking for the training. You'll be working armed security at a retail location.
If you're interested please send me a PM
djthomas

Re: Looking for commissioned police officers

Post by djthomas »

$20 is going to be tough to fill with quality cops. The going rate up here is between $35 and $45.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

djthomas wrote:$20 is going to be tough to fill with quality cops. The going rate up here is between $35 and $45.
It's about the same here in the Cincinnati area where Homer is looking. I'll suggest one dirt poor town where the police may jump on $20 an hour: Elmwood Place.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I'm an unemployed Security professional. Looking through all the job offers out there...I can never understand the low pay. I'm not "armed security" or OPOTA certified, yet I made more than $20 an hour at my last job. This job requires current OPOTA certification and pays $20 an hour? I guess that's a Hell of a lot better than the average $10 an hour all the contract security companies are offering on Craigslist.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!