Do you read or answer questions in Quora?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Do you read or answer questions in Quora?

Post by AlanM »

Quara.com is a site where people from all over the world can ask questions and get answers, again from all over the world.

This particular topic/section, "Guns-and-Firearms", I've found to be quite interesting, informative, and worth my time.
I've actually taken the time to answer some questions and/or expand upon or correct someone else's response.

I've seen some very well thought out answers to common questions on the site.

Here's an example:
Why is the media so biased against gun owners? They even make law abiding citizens seem as the bad guys.
Take a few minutes to take a look.

Hint: the "all" at the right of your avatar and "Add a comment" (assuming you've registered) will show all the responses to a question.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
glocksmith

Re: Do you read or answer questions in Quora?

Post by glocksmith »

Yes, it is interesting. I wish you hadn't show it to me. You know me and my opinions and attitudes :wink: . Now I'll probably spend/waste many hours there trying to educate idiots.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Here's one question that got a comprehensive answer that I need to copy and save:
https://www.quora.com/When-do-personal- ... e-in-handy

On a non-gun related note, this one has answers that will cause you to either shake you head, p*** you off, or just cringe.
https://www.quora.com/What-was-the-craz ... t-your-car

Wait 'til you see the "engine bunny".
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Re: the unscrupulous mechanics thread
I particularly liked the early Porsche 911 owner that was told his radiator was leaking and needed to be replaced for big bucks.

Even I know the early Porsches were air cooled.
AlanM
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I just found this one:
Have you ever been stopped by police for carrying a concealed firearm? What happened?

Scroll down to the answer by John Richter, Gunsmith at Guns and Firearms (1984-present)

The answer is long but provides a look at a Texas LEO that makes Barney Fife look like a genius.
AlanM