820 Pound Hog Killed by .38 Spl

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

820 Pound Hog Killed by .38 Spl

Post by glocksmith »

An Alabama man whose dog was making a ruckus outside went to investigate and ended up shooting an 820-pound wild hog in his yard. He said he was concerned the hog could injure Cruiser, so he retrieved his .38-caliber revolver from inside the house and went out to the porch.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/07/20 ... 500555045/

Interesting to a guy like myself who views the .38 Special as a mediocre cartridge at best.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: 820 Pound Hog Killed by .38 Spl

Post by schmieg »

I knew a guy, may he rest in peace, who was standing guard at a post in Alaska and ended up killing a grisly with a 1911. He said that he emptied the mag before it dropped.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 820 Pound Hog Killed by .38 Spl

Post by Mr. Glock »

I saw the story headline yesterday, was wondering what he used. I would have reached for a 12'GA or 45-70.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member