Family heirloom mini-bomb turns out to be live (VIDEO)

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Wow. Glad none of these idiots (Jeremy Bechen was the only "non-idiot") where injured! :shock: :roll:

A Massachusetts man cleaning out his family’s garage over the weekend found a small blue bomb-shaped item that his grandfather had since the 1930s.

Jeremy Bechen told Boston25 he thought after looking close enough at the Navy veteran’s keepsake that there was more to it than met the eye.

“My parents had always told me that this was a dummy — not a real device — and on closer inspection, you can see the charge in there,” said Bechen. “It was kind of a heart-skip moment. You look down the tail pipe of it and see, ‘Oh, there’s something in there!’”

Bomb techs examined the device and took an X-ray of it, determining it was indeed still live ...
http://www.guns.com/2017/07/19/family-h ... ive-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
lar1

Re: Family heirloom mini-bomb turns out to be live (VIDEO)

Post by lar1 »

at a local museum, in the artifact case, sat a grenade. it was thought to be inert. decades later, someone got the idea to check it. It was hot.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Family heirloom mini-bomb turns out to be live (VIDEO)

Post by sodbuster95 »

Well, to be fair, it was (is) a live sim device, not a live bomb. Granted, that doesn't make it safe, per se, but there is a difference.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.