A Quara question and answers you might find interesting

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

A Quara question and answers you might find interesting

Post by AlanM »

What happens if a person tells a police officer "I like your gun”?

Read through the answers. I especially found the one about a Boston area bowling alley 45 years ago amusing.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: A Quara question and answers you might find interesting

Post by Javelin Man »

When I stayed overnight in Cleveland last month, I saw a CPD officer, supposedly providing security, with his nose in his computer and Smartphone, never looking up. I commented in a question to him, "Is that a Smith & Wesson?" He responded, "You're looking too close to my gun. Sir."

I quietly walked away since my wife was with me. I wanted to say,"Sorry officer, I come from a friendly part of the state where we help the police and the police help us and we sometimes train together and fire each other's firearms to be more familiar with different platforms. Since you're very young, I assumed you would have been issued the last firearms available and would be carrying a 20-30 year old firearm instead of the new firearm you trained with."

I also wanted to mention that if anything happened here in the hotel, he'd be the first to read about it on his computer, but that would've been calling him out too much. I did mention it in a review of the hotel online.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
pediem
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: A Quara question and answers you might find interesting

Post by pediem »

I used to talk guns all the time with the police officers who were in the ER for whatever reason. They never had a problem with me asking, and a couple of them gave me very good advice about a couple of situations.