antifa THUG charged with 4 counts, UC Berkly, CA

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

Re: antifa THUG charged with 4 counts, UC Berkly, CA

Post by glocksmith »

Javelin Man wrote:What kind of knife did that felon have!!!
Felon...ehh? I'll bet he gets a relative slap on the wrist. He'll be in court with a Liberal Judge and a jury of his liberal peers. In their eyes he's a freedom fighter - so he'll get off as easily as the law will allow. Boy I sure hope I am wrong and end up eating my words...but I doubt it. :roll:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

glocksmith wrote:Funny. I was thinking the same thing about you guys going on about peoples rights. You sound more like the opposition - they're the ones whining about fascists imposing on peoples rights...all the while engaging in the exact sort of behaviors they say the oppose. What's so offensive about what I'm proposing?
If you engage in illegal behavior, then you should be arrested, whether or not you are wearing a mask. It isn't the wearing of a mask that is the problem, it is the illegal behavior they engage in. Do we at least agree on that?

In my opinion wearing a mask in public should not be illegal. Why should it be? Why shouldn't I be able to obscure my identity *as long as I'm not engaging in any other illegal activity*. What I find offensive is any unwarranted government intrusion into my life. Yes, I'm pretty libertarian that way. So let me turn that around: What is it about wearing a mask *while not doing anything illegal* that you find offensive? And, most importantly, *would you be as vocally in favor of this if the tables were turned and a far left administration was in power and you wanted to be able to protest their policies and actions without being personally identified*?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

glocksmith wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:What kind of knife did that felon have!!!
Felon...ehh? I'll bet he gets a relative slap on the wrist. He'll be in court with a Liberal Judge and a jury of his liberal peers. In their eyes he's a freedom fighter - so he'll get off as easily as the law will allow. Boy I sure hope I am wrong and end up eating my words...but I doubt it. :roll:
He was also charged with being a felon with a weapon.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

JustaShooter wrote:
glocksmith wrote:
WestonDon wrote:Perhaps a license should be required to conceal one's face in public. County sheriffs could issue a CFL after training, a thorough background check and payment of a fee. Of course reasonable restrictions would apply as to where and how one could hide one's mug.

OK, that's just silly. But what the heck, we're awash in silly laws anyhow so why not one more.
Not necessary....really. I believe that "inducing panic" covers these sorts of situations. If you show up at a Trump rally wearing a Ninja mask and wielding a baseball bat (neither of which are illegal by themselves) you are inducing panic. If you walk into my bank branch wearing a mask...you are inducing panic. Open Carry is legal...and so is saying "God is great" in Arabic...but if an Arabic looking young man decides to OC an AK in public while chanting "Allahuakbar" repeatedly...he's probably going to be charged with inducing panic. Some things you just don't do.
Those arguments seem awfully familiar... Where have I heard them before... Oh yeah, from the anti gun and just plain old anti-rights crowds. Wearing a mask in public is not illegal and should not be considered inducing panic or anything else, and is not evidence that you are up to something illegal, even at a political rally (why you specify Trump rally I'm not sure, doesn't the same hold true at a Bernie Sanders rally?)
Actually it is in many states.

State Codes Related To Wearing Masks

Even in Ohio, if you are committing a crime with a friend.

3761.12 Prohibition against conspiracy while wearing disguise.
No person shall unite with two or more others to commit a misdemeanor while wearing white caps, masks, or other disguise.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953.

It is a 4th degree felony
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

cashman966 wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:Wearing a mask in public is not illegal
Actually it is in many states.

State Codes Related To Wearing Masks

Even in Ohio, if you are committing a crime with a friend.

3761.12 Prohibition against conspiracy while wearing disguise.
No person shall unite with two or more others to commit a misdemeanor while wearing white caps, masks, or other disguise.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953.
It is a 4th degree felony
I was specifically referring to Ohio, but your point is taken. As to the way Ohio handles it, I have no problem with that. Wear a mask / disguise in public, no problem. Commit a misdemeanor with a group while wearing a mask / disguise, have the misdemeanor raised to a felony. (I find it telling that Ohio law specifies "white caps" - makes the origin pretty clear. I wonder if they've ever applied it to a gathering of thugs who committed a misdemeanor while wearing white baseball caps... That would be pretty ironic.)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

JustaShooter wrote:
glocksmith wrote:In my opinion wearing a mask in public should not be illegal. Why should it be? Why shouldn't I be able to obscure my identity *as long as I'm not engaging in any other illegal activity*. What I find offensive is any unwarranted government intrusion into my life. Yes, I'm pretty libertarian that way. So let me turn that around: What is it about wearing a mask *while not doing anything illegal* that you find offensive? And, most importantly, *would you be as vocally in favor of this if the tables were turned and a far left administration was in power and you wanted to be able to protest their policies and actions without being personally identified*?
Not sure why I'm responding...since cashman pretty much backed up my point by quoting an actual law on the books. However...you still seem to miss the point. Is wearing a mask in public illegal? NO. Is staging a public protest (or counter-protest) illegal NO. Is carrying a baseball bat illegal? NO. But combine all three of these...and show up at any kind of political rally - and then you advertise your intent to intimidate and disrupt other citizens engaging in a Constitutionally protected peaceful assembly. Or perhaps "terroristic threatening"? Most reasonably intelligent people have seen the news reports of ANTIFA members decked out in their attire and physically assaulting other citizens...so IMHO that is enough to establish intent in any future encounters. Aren't there specific laws citing "Inducing panic"? Or perhaps "terroristic threats"? I'm not much interested in waiting around for them to chuck a brick into the crowd and injure someone. IMHO...you needn't even do anything illegal at that point...like clubbing someone over the head. I mean...would you want someone going around pointing a loaded gun at people...but saying "hey...I didn't pull the trigger or make any verbal threats to do so...so it's not illegal"? And for the boldface question above...the type of administration whether far left or far right is irrelevant to me...I have little respect for governments...but at the same time, I don't see any point whatsoever in protesting if I cannot proudly show my face and name to the rest of the world.

P.S. Thanks cashman for the information on the various state laws regarding masks.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Next up, federal background checks to buy bicycle locks??? :roll: :roll:
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...