My War. (A Vietnam Vet's short story) by "Fleabaggs."

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

My War. (A Vietnam Vet's short story) by "Fleabaggs."

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all
This is well worth reading.

My War, by Fleabaggs
I have started to write this a hundred times in 49 years. I would like to have used Our War but don’t want to presume to speak for all us Nam Vets still alive who were really there for a year or more. Nor can I speak for all the families of Nam Vets and all the millions of Vietnamese whose major crime was living in Vietnam at the time.

I do presume to speak for myself and my dead buddies who told me their stories as we commiserated in a dark corner of a seedy gin mill where we had been banished. I do presume to speak for some of the families I knew and my mother and the civilians who had an impact on me while I was there. I’m going to show you a picture of a few whose story never made it to the U.S. It’s shocking so stop here if you want to remain comfortably absolved in your sweet fantasy of non-involvement. This is not about “ME,” it’s about us...
https://straightlinelogic.com/2017/05/1 ... fleabaggs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: My War. (A Vietnam Vet's short story) by "Fleabaggs."

Post by scottb »

A good read indeed. My dad was in Vietnam. He would never talk about it. Lost him too young (51) to cancer.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Thanks for your story Fleabaggs from a Nam era Army vet.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

brings back memories, - some good, some not so good
RVN '65, '66-'67, '70-'72, 1st Cav, 25th ID, 5th SF Grp
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Sneakypete wrote:brings back memories, - some good, some not so good
RVN '65, '66-'67, '70-'72, 1st Cav, 25th ID, 5th SF Grp
Thank you for your service Brother Sneakypete
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <