What's in store for Gander Mountain

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: What's in store for Gander Mountain

Post by Mr. Glock »

Camping World - who bought GM after the liquidators- is an RV shop that wanted the GM boat division. Combine that with the lull in gun sales, I wouldn't see them investing in the shooting side of the business. Maybe on the hunting side, to match up with fishing, birdwatching and whatever else. I wouldnt be surprised if handguns and MSRs went away totally.

I'll bet they play with the format for awhile, then either go more national (if they find a format) or close them (if they don't) or sell them off. Not much room for a 50 store chain in today's retail marketplace, not big enough to compete but too big to be local.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Brian D.

Re: What's in store for Gander Mountain

Post by Brian D. »

Add to that, the hassle of jumping through the hoops to get and keep a federal firearms license.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.