School evacuated due to someone wearing a Darth Vader mask

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

School evacuated due to someone wearing a Darth Vader mask

Post by M-Quigley »

There is no mention of the person holding or even wearing either a real gun or a fake one, or swinging at someone with a fake light saber. :roll:

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local ... /706480924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Student wearing Star Wars costume and mask causes evacuation at Ashwaubenon High School
Ashwaubenon Public Safety were called around 7:30 a.m. after someone was seen wearing a Darth Vader mask and costume entered the back of the school.

Students were evacuated from the school and were transported to the middle school and a nearby church. Students who were inside the Parkview Middle School and Community Center taking an AP test were put on lockdown.

After a check of the school, authorities gave the all clear and found that it was just someone wearing a costume for 'May The Fourth Be With You,' otherwise known as Star Wars Day.After a check of the school, authorities gave the all clear and found that it was just someone wearing a costume for 'May The Fourth Be With You,' otherwise known as Star Wars Day.

Officials say that there is no threat and students were able to return to class.
jeep45238

Re: School evacuated due to someone wearing a Darth Vader ma

Post by jeep45238 »

There was a full blown storm trooper walking from campus today. Took me until an hour ago to realize it's May 4th - May the Fourth (Force) be with you
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Wow! The snowflakes are in full panic mode today. :roll: Between this and the rubber band launcher at that college... it is a wonder they manage to make it this far in life without having a coronary from all the "frights".
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Since I don't know squat about "may the fourth be with you day" I think I would be concerned enough to keep an eye on Darth for a while to see what he's up to. Especially since this is in a CPZ so I would not be armed. I don't think I would sound the alarm but I wouldn't be too hard on the snowflakes here either. I bet if he walked into a bank dressed like that the cops would show up pretty quick too.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Notasmiff

Post by Notasmiff »

jeep45238 wrote:There was a full blown storm trooper walking from campus today. Took me until an hour ago to realize it's May 4th - May the Fourth (Force) be with you
Nobody cared about the storm trooper ?
I'd call racism if i was Darth :P
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Notasmiff wrote:
jeep45238 wrote:There was a full blown storm trooper walking from campus today. Took me until an hour ago to realize it's May 4th - May the Fourth (Force) be with you
Nobody cared about the storm trooper ?
I'd call racism if i was Darth :P
Well, they can't hit anything with their blasters, so I'd say let them be armed. Makes battlefield pickups a reality that way :)

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Seriously? I wonder what would have happened if I showed up in my full Master Chief regalia...

I've had consistently good results with ether.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I'd say your pants look properly bloused ;)

-Important distinction
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

"I am your father..." Darth Vader
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Something needs to be about all of the lightsaber violence in our schools!
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Ashwaubenon, WI – This morning, May 4, 2017 at approximately 7:20 am a passerby saw a person wearing a plastic mask, what he perceived to be a ballistic type vest and carrying a backpack and bag enter the Ashwaubenon High School.

SNIP

In evaluating this situation we at Ashwaubenon Public Safety praise the person who reported this. The saying “If you see something, say something” certainly applies to this and we always encourage people to report suspicious activity.

The identity of the student is protected juvenile information and will not be released. Ashwaubenon Public Safety is not seeking any recourse toward the student as it has been determined that this was merely a mistake or lapse in judgment.
Who's judgement was mistaken? Keep snitchin'!

This one misinformed caller brings forth the death squad and clears/cancels the school day. But if one open carries, well, THAT'S causing a panic!

zero tolerance of force choking, force throwing, force jumping......
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798