OFCC Membership renewal...

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

OFCC Membership renewal...

Post by gaptrick »

Jumped through some old ID and password hoops getting me to the Payment page. There was a note on the page saying ".. HTTPS is not set up on your machine..."

It is for all OTHER secure payments I use on other sites...

Isn't the secure page supposed to be provided by the credit card taker?

Thought it odd, and cancelled the transaction before sending.
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: OFCC Membership renewal...

Post by Morne »

I have raised the flag to our IT gurus. Once they respond I will personally renew my own OFCC membership before giving the "all clear" on here.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

You're a good man...

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
MWSY
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I renewed mine last week..No problems...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

Morne wrote:I have raised the flag to our IT gurus. Once they respond I will personally renew my own OFCC membership before giving the "all clear" on here.

Morne, I'm sure whomever is doing the IT work will probably see this but... the forum itself is using a self-signed certificate. Might be the payment page has the same problem, and won't do HTTPS properly.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Digging into this.

Those of you who encountered it - were you following a link we emailed you that took you right into the renewal system, or did you login to the front page with a user/password?

The certificate on ohioccw.org doesn't expire until 2019 and I'm having trouble recreating the failure, but I did find a completely unrelated dead end bug that drops into a 403 page. Yikes.
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Logged in using the link at the top right Forums page. OFCC Main Page, then Renew...

I'll try again and let you know...

AWRHawkin

MWSY
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Clicked the link you currently see at the top right in the forums (OhioCCW.org Main Site)

Takes me to the front page and has me as already logged in (my name is in the window)

Click " JOIN/RENEW"... I select "Renew OFCC Membership"

Dead ends me to a help page regarding renewal / password resetting.

Now I cant even get to the payment page...

AWRHawkin

MWSY
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

OK... I went back, logged out, logged back in, got to my dash board, clicked renew, taken the the HTTPS payment page entered my CC info aaaaaaaaand.... wouldn't take my money. I quit.

AWRHawkin

MWSY
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

Sorry to say I tried several times but I end up going in circles... I can not give my money away, lol.

I have been a member here since 2008 and will gladly renew but at this time it seems hopeless :(
Nothing to see here...move along.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Guys, as far as I know Jeff is trying to figure it out. As soon as he has some answers, I'm sure he will let us know.

Thanks for your patience, and support!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I had a problem last year, but I renewed last month and was done in a few minutes with no issues..

Maybe you guys aren't spelling correctly.... :P
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

Any progress on this?

I tried again and get nowhere. For the heck of it I looked into the page for a new member to join and at one point it says to check if a screen name is available so I typed in "502ci", my screen name and it says it is available :shock:

I have tried every angle to renew, at one point I get to this page...

Please enter the email address for your account. A verification code will be sent to you. Once you have received the verification code, you will be able to choose a new password for your account.

Email Address: *
Submit

So I enter my email address and this pops up...

Reset password failed: Invalid email address

I check my profile and it shows my screen name as 502ci and my email address as the same one I tried but nothing works.
Nothing to see here...move along.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

I'm having a hard time reproducing it.

I'm making a fake expired user and trying that. part of the complication is the system doesn't let those of us with backend accounts use the front end due to some permission conflict.
Jeff Garvas, President

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

502ci wrote:Any progress on this?

I tried again and get nowhere. For the heck of it I looked into the page for a new member to join and at one point it says to check if a screen name is available so I typed in "502ci", my screen name and it says it is available :shock:
The "screen name" or "username" on OhioCCW.org isn't the forum name. Its a completely different website and the username never shows anywhere. When I look at your email address for the forums and try to use it in the membership system there is no match. PM me your real name and I'll PM you back the credentials to renew.

99% of renewals happen when the system emails the member with a unique link and says "click here to renew" -- if your email address in the systme is wrong, you never get that link.
Jeff Garvas, President

Is that you?