Progressive Insurance Co.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Progressive Insurance Co.

Post by WestonDon »

I am looking to change auto and home insurance company. I have heard that Progressive Insurance Co. has in the past engaged in anti gun activities and general lefty support but I don't recall the specifics. Can anybody provide details and is this concern still valid?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Bruenor

Re: Progressive Insurance Co.

Post by Bruenor »

There are many other reasons to avoid progressive than just their funding of organizations such as Move.on ACLU, other communist organizations, etc.. not sure how much of that they still do now that Peter Lewis has passed.

Progressive has always been more on the high rates for higher risk customers. Need to file an SR22 with the state to show proof of insurance progressive or Safeauto is probably for you. Have a clean record look elsewhere.

You'll get better rates and coverage with a more traditional insurance company such as State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide, Farmers, Grange, etc.. shop around or use an agent to shop for you.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

If you are looking at homeowner's insurance, Allstate covers firearm theft up to $2000. Some companies may blanket exclude or include them, but Allstate does $2000 then after that you need a rider and to provide them serial numbers. Just throwing them out there.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

JediSkipdogg wrote:If you are looking at homeowner's insurance, Allstate covers firearm theft up to $2000. Some companies may blanket exclude or include them, but Allstate does $2000 then after that you need a rider and to provide them serial numbers. Just throwing them out there.
Amazing how few (qty) firearms that $2000.00 actually covers isn't it ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Bruenor wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:If you are looking at homeowner's insurance, Allstate covers firearm theft up to $2000. Some companies may blanket exclude or include them, but Allstate does $2000 then after that you need a rider and to provide them serial numbers. Just throwing them out there.
Amazing how few (qty) firearms that $2000.00 actually covers isn't it ?
The way I look at it is...I only have one over that value. A single loss of any other one, is way under. Sure, one could steal the grand daddy stash in the safe, but good luck on that one.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Don't forget that you get $2,500 firearms insurance as a part of your NRA membership (but you have to activate the protection.)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Don't know about currently, but Progressive has been very left of center for a long time. Former CEO (Peter Lewis) huge supporter of Democrats and pot legalization. Peter donated enough that he had private time with Bill & Hillary years ago when they were in town with limo drive with them. Their core business has been high risk insurance. They've branched out somewhat but you can usually do better with a little shopping online. If you go to one of their facilities, be aware that they post the parking lot. Knowing some of the money would be going to support anti-2A politicians, I wouldn't use them unless there was no other choice.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Good luck filing a claim with them. They are the worst I've ever dealt with in that regard.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

TJW815 wrote:

Good luck filing a claim with them. They are the worst I've ever dealt with in that regard.
I've had three on auto and never had an issue. They even went to bat for me when I "tapped" someone at 2 miles an hour and they claimed I caused them massive back problems and knocked their bumper off their car. I didn't even pay my deductible because they only make you pay it if you are filing a claim on your vehicle. Never tried to use my homeowners policy. I've never had an issue with Allstate. I've had more issues with the body shop that fixed my car the first time by them saying "well Allstate didn't pay us for that." Well, if Allstate doesn't know that the process to repair the air bag module is three separate pages in the manual instead of one, then sure, they aren't going to pay you for the other two steps. That still doesn't mean you just make up your mind and cut the carpet and give me an extra floor mat for free. (long story there)

WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

I've had Grange for home and auto over 20 years. Excellent rates and service.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:
Amazing how few (qty) firearms that $2000.00 actually covers isn't it ?[/quote]
About 1/10 of a CHEAP shotgun at Jaqua's...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.