Colonial Williamsburg Musket Shoot

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JonasM

Colonial Williamsburg Musket Shoot

Post by JonasM »

I am planning a trip for my daughter's spring break. We decided to spend some time in Colonial Williamsburg. I see that one of the activities listed for that day is "To Fire a Flintlock Musket". It sounds like a lot of fun, but at $119 for an hour-long program, I'm wondering is anyone here has done this, and is it worth it?

https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/pl ... ock-musket
Come fire 18th-century firearms at the Colonial Williamsburg Musket Range. Participants will learn some history of and become familiar with two 18th-century weapons commonly used during the Revolutionary War. Participants will fire live rounds at a target.
Session includes: range instructions, ammunition for weapons, targets, safety equipment, and transportation to and from the range.
Bruenor

Re: Colonial Williamsburg Musket Shoot

Post by Bruenor »

Sounds a little pricey to me to shoot a Black powder rifle a couple times. Call the guys at our clubs black powder group and tell them you would like to come out and shoot. They can supply you with one of the clubs .50 Cal black powder percussion rifles (the club doesn't have any flintlocks, but several of the members shoot them at the matches), powder and ball, caps and wads for a much more reasonable amount. Make sure to tell them up front you don't have any equipment and ask what they can do for you. You can do the woods walk with them shooting at the various targets along the trail, and eat some good food when you are done shooting, they always seem to have a good spread for after the event. They are quite a bunch of characters, Don't believe them when they tell you the chain didn't move because they shot through one of the links again.. :)

They shoot the Third Sunday of Every month at Ashtabula Rod and Gun club. PM if you would like contact info.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson