photo traffic ticket

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

How should I handle a photo traffic ticket in my vehicle without me driving?

Pay the Violation
3%
Name the Person Driving
23%
Ignore Everything from the Citing Company
74%

Total votes: 35

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: photo traffic ticket

Post by steves 50de »

They produced ''prima facie evidence'' of a photo of my car that I was the driver. Prima facie evidence can be rebutted. I can prove with my company time card I was 30 miles away at the time photo was taken as well as multiple co workers that would affirm I was at the job site. :?:
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Attorney time.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Cybercop

Post by Cybercop »

If this is a "Civil" issue it's simple to resolve. #1 DON'T go to their kangaroo hearing. #2 With a copy of what they mailed you, request a notarized copy of the contract you signed with their company. #3 When it doesn't arrive, or you get another "demand" for payment simply state that you have no business with this company and that any false credit reports will be answered by your civil suit. It will be quickly forgotten.

#4 Don't ask me how I know.

P.S. Thats if you did not receive the standard criminal citation form, properly filled out and filed. But since it didn't arrive from a county court I'm betting it's a scam "ticket."
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."

Edward Everett Hale (decedent of Nathan Hale)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Someone say SCAM ?
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Yep sure is.
I'm all for naming the driver too! A little thing called personal accountability on the part of the driver.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

CroManGun wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Yep sure is.
I'm all for naming the driver too! A little thing called perso nal ac
countability on the part of the driver.
Not in this case..I thought the same but changed my mind.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

This is what happens when the right to travel gets turned into the "privilege" to drive. This driving "privilege" has been exploited in many ways. I would fight it to the bitter end. If I ended up having to pay, I would do everything I could to make sure there was no profit to be had by the city. If every ticket got challenged, the city would soon give up on this scheme. Easy for me to say, I'm retired and have the time.

Its certainly easiest to just ignore them, but keep in mind a ding on your credit report can cost you a lot more than $200 even if you never get a loan. I would start with asking how I could have my bonding agent post my bond.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

FTA - "Nearly 45,000 people were cited in 15 months."

An average of 100 citations PER DAY? At a single intersection? In the middle of a tiny town with a population of less than 2,300? Yup. Total scam.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I haven't looked but seriously doubt they put the funds aside for repayment when the court case got started. Same with Elmwood Place, they're ultimately on the hook for a couple million bucks give or take.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

They actually have 1.2 million saved up from the new program , where an officer is present. It's interesting that of the 45,000 people cited, only 885 showed up for a hearing. It's no wonder the city likes this program, they get to shear the sheep and they don't even bleat. Of the people who showed up only 177 had to pay. It would seem the odds are in your favor. One can only wonder what would happen if 45,000 people showed up for a hearing.