Amazon Prime??

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: Amazon Prime??

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Beekeeper wrote:I've had it the past three years, and buy most of my stuff off Amazon. The US Postal Service lost a package last week, and Amazon promptly replaced it with no charges this week. I had another order that was supposed to come on the 3rd, and the the Postal Service hasn't delivered it yet either... Most of my shipments come on time unless the USPS has it, and then it could be a week or more. It's ridiculous, but there's nothing I can do. UPS is always on time, and FEDEX is too most of the time.
The transferring from FEDEX or UPS to USPS lately is driving me nuts. I can be guaranteed a package in 2 days if it stays with the original carrier. Transfer it to USPS and I'll see it sitting in Cincinnati for sometimes up to a week before it arrives.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Beekeeper wrote:I've had it the past three years, and buy most of my stuff off Amazon. The US Postal Service lost a package last week, and Amazon promptly replaced it with no charges this week. I had another order that was supposed to come on the 3rd, and the the Postal Service hasn't delivered it yet either... Most of my shipments come on time unless the USPS has it, and then it could be a week or more. It's ridiculous, but there's nothing I can do. UPS is always on time, and FEDEX is too most of the time.
Sorry you have had delivery problems. Please do me a favor - complain and do it HERE. The Postal Service made some poor decisions (closing functional sorting facilities/reducing overtime/employee head count) and doesn't want to admit and/or correct because senior managers would look foolish & loose their bonus. :|
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Often with smaller packages UPS makes the drop at USPS for delivery on time. This will add a day. I have watched this happen on Tracking.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Wow. What did you guys do to {inappropriate language} off Amazon and/or USPS? :mrgreen:

Only time I have had an issue was last Christmas (2015) and it was my fault. I'd ordered some stuff and used the wrong address. Stuff was shipped to CA where my sister had been stationed earlier that year but she was now stationed in FL. Called Amazon, explained the situation they immediately reshipped a couple of items that had already been delivered... at NO cost. The couple of items that were still in transit I had to call the carrier (can't remember which one), explained the situation, gave them the correct address and the rerouted the packages.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Mustang380gal wrote:I have never had any problem with Prime's shipping. If they say it will arrive in 2 days, it always has. But, I just got a delay notice for an order that is due to arrive today. That's the first time that happened, and I have had prime for 3 years or so. The package is supposed to come by mail, so I am not sure if the delay is Amazon's, or the USPS. Since it was shipped on Saturday, and there was a federal holiday on Monday, I thought Tuesday may have been optimistic.
The package arrived Tuesday, as promised. The Brown Truck brought it.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
The transferring from FEDEX or UPS to USPS lately is driving me nuts. I can be guaranteed a package in 2 days if it stays with the original carrier. Transfer it to USPS and I'll see it sitting in Cincinnati for sometimes up to a week before it arrives.
Yup, that drives me nuts when it happens. USPS now routes everything in NW ohio to Detroit (or somewhere in Michigan) before it gets to the Toledo. Even local mail has to go that route and mail now takes forever to get delivered. Anytime an Amazon package gets sent via USPS "SurePost" the only thing I can be "sure" of is that it will take forever to show up.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.