What would Tweed say?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JonasM

What would Tweed say?

Post by JonasM »

Talk about unprecedented. All evening I've been thinking about what Tweed Ring would say about the election results. Someone with little money, no machine, yet cruises to a win.

(CNN just reported that Clinton called Trump to concede, and both CNN and Fox have called it for Trump).
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: What would Tweed say?

Post by Morne »

His name came up during the victory party in the wee hours of the morning. I'm sure he'd be pleasantly surprised.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Tweed owes Carmen and myself a steak dinner.
RIP brother.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

And I will collect my strip steak one way or the other...Thought of him all day yesterday....miss his posts...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

His second thought would be "Elections have consequences", I'd think.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Mr. Glock wrote:His second thought would be "Elections have consequences", I'd think.
Yes, and I am willing to suggest that I can live with these consequences far more happily than I could have than if she had won.

This morning, one of the kids said that it was good that Trump won, otherwise daddy would have to bury the guns.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

"otherwise daddy would have to bury the guns."

This made me laugh out loud.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

gfrlaser wrote:"otherwise daddy would have to bury the guns."

This made me laugh out loud.

Me Too !!!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Well, historically the kids would have been doing the burying... Daddy and Mommy would have been busy. :mrgreen:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

Mustang380gal wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:His second thought would be "Elections have consequences", I'd think.
Yes, and I am willing to suggest that I can live with these consequences far more happily than I could have than if she had won.

This morning, one of the kids said that it was good that Trump won, otherwise daddy would have to bury the guns.
I also believe that any damage Trump is likely to do will be of the fixable kind, as opposed to 1-3 new liberal Supreme Court justices.

Dodged a bullet last night, I say.

I hope ammo prices don't suddenly drop - I'd sure feel foolish! :mrgreen:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I tuned out turned off the phone and went to sleep before results were fully realized last night. Stayed up long enough to see the lib talking heads start to get gloomy. This morning, turning on the comm devices was like opening a series of Christmas presents. Didn't get everything on my list, but overall it was a great half hour or so.

I had saved a cigar Tweed gave me quite a spell ago. Just finished smoking it down to a nub. Greatest gift of them all. Thanks again TR!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

JonasM wrote: I hope ammo prices don't suddenly drop - I'd sure feel foolish! :mrgreen:
I was actually thinking there might be some good deals at gun shows for the next few weeks. I'm sure there are some vendors that stocked up on ARs, .223 and such expecting a Hitlery win and panic buying. Now they'll have to sell some stuff fast to pay that invoice that's due in 30 days. Looking forward to seeing if that's the case at Medina this weekend and Berea next.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

dl1911 wrote:
JonasM wrote: I hope ammo prices don't suddenly drop - I'd sure feel foolish! :mrgreen:
I was actually thinking there might be some good deals at gun shows for the next few weeks. I'm sure there are some vendors that stocked up on ARs, .223 and such expecting a Hitlery win and panic buying. Now they'll have to sell some stuff fast to pay that invoice that's due in 30 days. Looking forward to seeing if that's the case at Medina this weekend and Berea next.
It would be nice to pick up another at for cheap. :D
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

She who will not be denied........was denied.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

dl1911 wrote:
I'm thinking it might be a bit soon for the vendors to feel the pain and drop their prices. Could be wrong - and I'll see you at Medina either way of course!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!