The Reliant: pro-2A, faith-based action film

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Curzyk

The Reliant: pro-2A, faith-based action film

Post by Curzyk »

Not sure what I think about this, but it is a "local" project, over in Zanesville.

Link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-reliant--2#/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their synopsis:
A pro-Second Amendment, faith-based action movie starring Kevin Sorbo, Eric Roberts, Brian Bosworth & The Benham Brothers. When the dollar collapses, widespread rioting and looting occurs, and five children tragically lose their parents in the chaos. Armed with a couple of their Dad’s weapons, they struggle to survive in a stretch of woods on the outskirts of their burning town. Facing starvation and threats from encroaching gangs, they begin to doubt God’s love. Upon whom will they be reliant?
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: The Reliant: pro-2A, faith-based action film

Post by Aesinsp »

I'm looking forward to it. The local aspect makes it that much more realistic in my view.
I went ahead and ordered 1, shipped upon release.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Looks interesting.. trying to find the book, but I can't seem to locate it anywhere :(.

It looks like they are currently casting for extras for "The Reliant", anyone around here possibly look like a gun store customer ?

http://www.thesoutherncastingcall.com/2 ... ille-ohio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MOVIE EXTRAS – The Reliant

FILM: The Reliant
STARRING: Kevin Sorbo, Brian Bosworth, Benham Brothers & Eric Roberts
SHOOTING DATES: Oct 4-27.

PAY: Not paid. Resume Credit.

CHARACTER BREAKDOWN FOR EXTRAS:
WEDDING GUESTS: Male or Female. Age 10 & up.

ER PATIENTS: Male or Female. Age 10 & up.

ANGRY RIOTERS: Male or Female. Age 10 & up.

POLICE: Male or Female. Age 20 & up.

GUN STORE EMPLOYEE OR CUSTOMER: Male or Female. Age 16 & up.

BIKERS: Male or Female. Age 20 & up.

CHILDREN: Male or Female. Age 7-12.

TO SUBMIT TO BE AN EXTRA IN THIS FILM:

Email submissions are not considered. Following these simple directions will get you seen and make my life much easier than having to sort through & respond to thousands of emails.
Follow the link above to the full descriptions and application instructions
Just found the book.. Different title
https://www.amazon.com/Why-Dr-Patrick-J ... bc?ie=UTF8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

share the teaser on facebook for a chance to win two tickets to the red carpet premier.
https://www.facebook.com/TheReliantMovie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Help us spread the word about THE RELIANT by going to our facebook page and sharing our teaser video onto your facebook page, and encouraging others to "Click 'LIKE' on our facebook page be a friend of THE RELIANT."

Also urge them to "Share the teaser with your friends for a chance to win two FREEtickets to the premier of THE RELIANT!" Everyone who shares this teaser over the next 24 hours will get a chance to win. We don't know where or when the premier will be yet, but two tickets (costing $750 as a perk in our indiegogo campaign) gives you a chance to walk the red carpet and watch the movie with the Kevin Sorbo, Brian Bosworth, Eric Roberts, Mollee Gray, Blake Burt, Ian Lauer, all the actors and actresses, crewmembers, and investors. We will draw the name randomly on Friday afternoon. Simply click "share" under the new teaser video http://www.facebook.com/TheReliantMovie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and share it to your facebook page.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Armed with a couple of Dad's weapons? I'd hope.my.kids would have the sense.to load up in that.situation. :D
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Looks like the movie is completed. Now they are working on the distribution contract.

Trailer is on the website, along with behind the scenes, effects, and other videos.

Visual effects reel

Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Showing only October 24th from what I am seeing.
Link to 'watch the teaser' - https://thereliantmovie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A link to(some) central Ohio tickets/locations:
https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/the-reliant/282073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Aesinsp wrote:Showing only October 24th from what I am seeing.
Link to 'watch the teaser' - https://thereliantmovie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/the-reliant/282073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When I went to the website the only theater listed was Huber Heights 16, and the tickets are 12.50 each for one showing at 7pm. Plus, isn't that theater a criminal protection zone?

I think I'll wait for the DVD.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

M-Quigley wrote:
Aesinsp wrote:Showing only October 24th from what I am seeing.
When I went to the website the only theater listed was Huber Heights 16, and the tickets are 12.50 each for one showing at 7pm. Plus, isn't that theater a criminal protection zone?

I think I'll wait for the DVD.
Maybe the link uses cookie information.. When I clicked on it now I had Texas theaters pop-up, which is where I looked at last for my brother's area. My appologies.

Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Showing Mentor and Mayfield for me. Same date.

Atlas Cinemas Great Lakes Stadium 16
7860 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH

Atlas Cinemas Eastgate 10
1345 S.O.M. Center Road, Mayfield Heights, OH
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Interesting just received this email.
It appears there has been a coordinated effort on the part of over 250 registered IMDb members to give us a ZERO rating, even though they haven't even watched the movie. It's content discrimination, folks! They don't like our message. Be mindful, a third of our 13 First Place film festival awards are from secular film festivals, which means we aren't so controversial as to lose at secular festivals. But even so, the Leftist's cause trumps objectivity when it comes to IMDB.

How can you help? I'm glad you asked. Since, this IMDb is one of the websites that shows up first when someone googles "The Reliant," please help us raise the rating. Register at IMDb (if you haven't already) and give us a TEN. Encourage friends and family to do the same. You can even leave a review in writing to complain about the crooked rating policy that allows folks to rate the movie before it comes to theaters. Thanks.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Movie is out on DVD now..

The movie is pretty much what they presented it as, very faith based. I was a little disappointed in the lack of muzzle discipline and the "Warning shots" fired into the air though. I see the USCCA must have made a contribution to the film, as there was a USCCA Booth setup at the entrance to the local hardware / gun store, and also a close-up of Kevin Sorbos (Forget the character name at the moment) USCCA self defense Insurance card in his wallet.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Tim Schmidt of USCCA actually had a small role in the firearms store scene of the movie.

AlanM

Post by AlanM »

FYI the DVD is on Amazon for $11.99 right now.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.