Murder with common inanimate object-- BAN forthcoming?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Murder with common inanimate object-- BAN forthcoming?

Post by bignflnut »

TOKYO: A Japanese man who stabbed his father to death with a chopstick was arrested on Thursday (Jun 16), police said.

Michikazu Ikeuchi, 51, admitted that he stabbed his 80-year-old father in the throat with a 30cm-long wooden cooking chopstick on Wednesday night after a quarrel at their home in Osaka, western Japan, according to police.
Hello #BanEverything
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Murder with common inanimate object-- BAN forthcoming?

Post by WestonDon »

I dunno. Those high capacity chopsticks look pretty dangerous to me.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I've got stainless steel Korean jeotgarak. If you sharpened the tips, you could throw them as weapons.

Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I've yet to be able to attend a Paul-E-Palooza. I hope to, the next time.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A plane passenger has threatened a flight attendant with a fountain pen, forcing an Air China flight bound for Beijing to make an unscheduled landing, according to the country's civil aviation authority.

In a brief statement on its website, the Civil Aviation Administration of China said a male passenger, who it did not identify, on Air China Flight 1350 attempted to use the pen to hold the flight attendant "under duress".

Passengers and crew were unharmed, the statement said, without providing any further details.

Chinese police said preliminary investigations found the 41-year-old passenger, identified only by his last name Xu, had a "history of mental illness".
Had to get in the mental unfit plug when discussing the assault.
Background checks at Office Depot?
If it saves just one life.

Posted here, because of the image in the previous post--spot on.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

Chopsticks can and have been used as a weapon for a long time.
Nothing to see here...move along.