Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby M-Quigley » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:41 am

Bruenor wrote:Possible trouble for the Govt 1911's, and many other govt surplus firearms..


Was the destruction part McCain's idea?
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2613
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby Bruenor » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Glacially moving along..
http://www.guns.com/2017/07/17/house-pa ... rough-cmp/
The House version of the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act was approved and included a plan to transfer the U.S. Army’s remaining stock of .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Added as an amendment by U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Alabama, while the NDAA was in debate in the House Armed Service Committee, it would speed up the transfer of potentially the largest remaining stock of military surplus World War II-era handguns in government hands to the public. The legislation passed 344-81 and was sent to the Senate for consideration.

“This policy has been included in the NDAA since 2015, but the Obama Administration blocked the Army to transfer the 1911s for political reasons,” said Rogers in a statement Friday. “I am hopeful that with the help of the Trump Administration, we can make this provision a reality.”

Rogers’ amendment, added as Section 1064, would strip away the 10,000-gun cap and make it mandatory for the pistols to move, striking “may transfer” and replacing it with “shall transfer” with the schedule in the hands of the secretary of the Army.

See if the senate can get this passed as well.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
User avatar
Bruenor
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:03 pm
Location: Geneva, OH

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby steves 50de » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Bruenor wrote:Glacially moving along..
http://www.guns.com/2017/07/17/house-pa ... rough-cmp/
The House version of the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act was approved and included a plan to transfer the U.S. Army’s remaining stock of .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Added as an amendment by U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Alabama, while the NDAA was in debate in the House Armed Service Committee, it would speed up the transfer of potentially the largest remaining stock of military surplus World War II-era handguns in government hands to the public. The legislation passed 344-81 and was sent to the Senate for consideration.

“This policy has been included in the NDAA since 2015, but the Obama Administration blocked the Army to transfer the 1911s for political reasons,” said Rogers in a statement Friday. “I am hopeful that with the help of the Trump Administration, we can make this provision a reality.”

Rogers’ amendment, added as Section 1064, would strip away the 10,000-gun cap and make it mandatory for the pistols to move, striking “may transfer” and replacing it with “shall transfer” with the schedule in the hands of the secretary of the Army.

See if the senate can get this passed as well.

How many are available if this dose pass :?:
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: n.e. ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby Mr. Glock » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Potentially over 100k (worldwide armories), not sure how accurate that number is right now.

Heck, I'd buy one just because and I'm not much a 1911 fan.
“Without dignity there is no liberty, without justice there is no dignity, and without independence there are no free men.”
- Patrice Lumumba
OFCC Patron, NRA Benefactor Life, GOA & Hot Stove League Member
User avatar
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: NE Ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby JU-87 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:32 pm

That is NOT in "world-wide " armories.
There are 100,000 in Aniston Army Depot.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
User avatar
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:16 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby Mr. Glock » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:06 pm

JU-87 wrote:That is NOT in "world-wide " armories.
There are 100,000 in Aniston Army Depot.


Good to know, I had seen they were coming back.
“Without dignity there is no liberty, without justice there is no dignity, and without independence there are no free men.”
- Patrice Lumumba
OFCC Patron, NRA Benefactor Life, GOA & Hot Stove League Member
User avatar
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 8574
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: NE Ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby JU-87 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Here's the latest info:

CMP Sales of 1911s One Step Closer With House Passage of 2018 NDAA
Friday, July 14, 2017

On Friday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 2810, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2018. Included in the bill is a provision that would make U.S. Army surplus 1911 .45 ACP pistols available to the American public through the Civilian Marksmanship program (CMP).

In November of 2015, then-President Obama signed the NDAA for Fiscal year 2016 into law with language that authorized the Secretary of Defense to transfer 1911s no longer in service to the CMP for public sale. That language made the transfers subject to the Secretary’s discretion and capped them at 10,000 per year. Unsurprisingly, no actual transfers were made under the program while Obama remained in the White House.

This year’s language, however, would effectively make the transfers mandatory and would remove the yearly cap. Currently, the military has some 100,000 excess 1911s sitting in storage at taxpayer expense. Transfer of these historically-significant firearms would ease a burden on the government’s heavily indebted balance sheet and help preserve important artifacts from the era when the U.S. military...


https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017071 ... -2018-ndaa
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
User avatar
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:16 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby Bruenor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Another step closer..

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... 96D3278396

The 2018 National Defense Authorization Act was approved Thursday to include a plan to transfer the U.S. Army’s remaining stock of .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Added as an amendment while the NDAA was in debate in the House Armed Service Committee, it would speed up the transfer of potentially the largest remaining stock of military surplus World War II-era handguns in government hands to the public. The mammoth legislation, which outlines $700 in overall defense spending, cruised to final approval on a voice vote in the Senate and now heads to President Trump.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
User avatar
Bruenor
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:03 pm
Location: Geneva, OH

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby Tru-Heathen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Bruenor wrote:Another step closer..

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... 96D3278396

The 2018 National Defense Authorization Act was approved Thursday to include a plan to transfer the U.S. Army’s remaining stock of .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Added as an amendment while the NDAA was in debate in the House Armed Service Committee, it would speed up the transfer of potentially the largest remaining stock of military surplus World War II-era handguns in government hands to the public. The mammoth legislation, which outlines $700 in overall defense spending, cruised to final approval on a voice vote in the Senate and now heads to President Trump.



Missing a few zeros I believe.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
User avatar
Tru-Heathen
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:17 pm
Location: Hardin County

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby JU-87 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 am

The CMP sent me an email with the sales rules for the M1911A1 pistols on 12/04/2017.
Look for the topic in a separate thread.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
User avatar
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:16 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby evan price » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:46 pm

CMP is going to require purchases be done through an 01ffl. They want a CMP nics check done before they ship and ANOTHER nics check done by the ffl.
They won't allow c&rs to take delivery directly.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
User avatar
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor
 
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: Westfield, Ohio

Re: Would you like to have a Gov. 1911A1?

Postby JU-87 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 pm

evan price wrote:CMP is going to require purchases be done through an 01ffl. They want a CMP nics check done before they ship and ANOTHER nics check done by the ffl.
They won't allow c&rs to take delivery directly.


Maybe that is because the M1911 & M1911A1 pistols are NOT curios & relics? :P :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
User avatar
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:16 am
Location: N.E. Ohio

Previous

Return to Jeff Kirchner's Korner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests