In Megis county criminals are in bed by midnight

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ampleworks

Post by ampleworks »

I'm sure that the Meigs county OSHP post has a whole fleet of white shiny new cars though! Patrol eats caviar while the sheriffs eat dog food. :roll:
Willy P

Post by Willy P »

Be sure and remind the commissioners that are up for election that the Tues.after the first Mon. in Nov. is right around the corner!
cmhbob

Post by cmhbob »

ampleworks wrote:I'm sure that the Meigs county OSHP post has a whole fleet of white shiny new cars though! Patrol eats caviar while the sheriffs eat dog food. :roll:
Aside from anything else, there is no OSHP post in Meigs County. Per http://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/counties.html#Meigs, "Traffic services provided by the Gallipolis Patrol Post."

Secondly, why are you comparing the funding of a state agency with the funding of a county agency? OHP could get brand new Lincoln Navigators for every Trooper and staff member, and it woulnd't affect Meigs County tax income one iota.

We complain enough about OHP here on legitimate stuff. Don't create other problems.
--
Bob Mueller Blog | Facebook | Flickr
The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.
Mnemesyne

Post by Mnemesyne »

Don't remind me of this.....this is the county I live in and things are horrible here....1 cop per shift here in Middleport regardless of the hour and now even that sole officer has no county backup past midnight....Sadly, this is Meigs's yearly affair.....

And now, the criminals just crawl out of the blasted woodwork now that they know it's pretty much a free for all....also, don't expect OHSP to do much...this is just a gas fuel up on the way to Athens or Gallipolis....