California State Senator Arrested

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

California State Senator Arrested

Post by glocksmith »

State Senator Leland Yee (D-CA) was arrested in an FBI raid:http://news.yahoo.com/california-state- ... ZJUDM4NF8x
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tweed Ring

Re: California State Senator Arrested

Post by Tweed Ring »

Yet, he’s a good man, a Democrat pol, who hates assault weapons, and those deadly large capacity magazines.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

First Gordon Fox was raided. And now Yee. Kinda makes you wonder who's next. One thing I can say with certainty is that...any time a politician is arrested, it is probably well-deserved :D
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

State Sen. Yee is his party's candidate, I think, for California Secretary of State. You know, the person who runs their elections, their voter registration, etc.

Once again, I am feeling schadenfreude...
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

He gone.
A California state senator who authored gun control legislation asked for campaign donations in exchange for introducing an undercover FBI agent to an arms trafficker, according to court documents unsealed Wednesday.
Yee discussed helping the agent get weapons worth $500,000 to $2.5 million, including shoulder fired automatic weapons and missiles, and took him through the entire process of getting them from a Muslim separatist group in the Philippines to the United States, according to the affidavit by FBI Special Agent Emmanuel V. Pascua.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03 ... -firearms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Naticarry

Post by Naticarry »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Yee discussed helping the agent get weapons worth $500,000 to $2.5 million, including shoulder fired automatic weapons and missiles, and took him through the entire process of getting them from a Muslim separatist group in the Philippines to the United States, according to the affidavit by FBI Special Agent Emmanuel V. Pascua.

So he knew about how to do all that? :shock:

I suppose every ordinary American has such know how and connections. I am sure it is just a misunderstanding and he was simply talking in hypotheticals.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Time for some common sense politician control.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

Gosh, the poor guy was just getting raid of the weaponry here so that they wouldn't be in the hands of our children. He meant well, you know (the campaign funds were just a bonus for his good deeds).
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

Sounds like he was increasing the value of his black market arms by supporting gun control.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tweed Ring wrote:State Sen. Yee is his party's candidate, I think, for California Secretary of State. You know, the person who runs their elections, their voter registration, etc.

Once again, I am feeling schadenfreude...
I guess Mr. Yee wasn't deemed quite unsavory enough by the back room cracker barrel boys in his party to run for state Attorney General or Auditor.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Those Californians sure know how to pick a winner. They also gave us the wonderful Dianne Feinstein.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

A good man, brought low, by the avarice of others.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Anyone notice a pattern here? Here is another corruption related arrest attributed to undercover operatives of the FBI - http://news.yahoo.com/north-carolina-ma ... .html?vp=1

And I'm not bashing on the Democrats here...but it just so happens that Fox, Yee and Cannon are all Democrats.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Tweed Ring wrote:Yet, he’s a good man, a Democrat pol, who hates assault weapons, and those deadly large capacity magazines.
To be fair, he loves making money on them when selling to criminals on the black market. He only hates it when law abiding citizens own them.
747tech

Post by 747tech »

What is it with Democrat Libs who want to ban guns but supply them to terrorists and drug lords?
What is it with people who vote for them?
I fear this country is done.
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor