California State Senator Arrested

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Re: California State Senator Arrested

Post by Tweed Ring »

Whirlwind06 wrote:
What a crime wave, in less than one week. So guess what most of the networks led with on their newscasts last night? The 5-month-old story of Gov. Chris Christie’s Bridgegate. Because it has one thing going for it that none of these other stories had, the only thing that matters to the corrupt American media.

Christie is a Republican.
Sums it up right there.
The Lewinsky Media, Formerly Known as Journalists and Investigative Reporters, Now Merely Known as Court Jesters and Sycophants have a finite amount of time to present their version of the news.

Guy may have known about lane closures on a bridge?

Anti-gun guy, candidate for secretary of state, caught by the FBI trying to run guns and shoulder fired missiles?

Gotta' choose what fits the meme...

No brainer... Got to go with the bridge guy...After all, he is the Republican...
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Get your commemorative Patch now !!

"Leland Yee is tough on Guns"
http://www.violentlittle.com/collection ... -yee-patch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
too funny :)

in other news

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/articl ... 354951.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Ironically, while he's being charged with gun trafficking, next to (U.S. Sen.) Dianne Feinstein he was probably the second most outspoken gun control advocate. This really leaves us scrambling for someone to pick up that mantle," said Paul Song, executive chairman of Courage Campaign, a nonprofit advocacy group. "If it wasn't so sad it would be comical. But what we're really worried about is that this will further destroy the momentum for gun control here in California."
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Even Bloomberg media is admitting that the NRA has every right to gloat over Yee's downfall: "It’s tough to blame the National Rifle Association for gloating over the humiliation of Leland Yee. A Democratic state senator in California, Yee has long been a darling of gun-control proponents and a foe of the gun lobby. Now he stands accused of selling his political connections in a gun-trafficking scheme. Oh, the irony."

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... gn_id=yhoo
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Off to prison he goes.. Can't believe he only got 5 years..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... afficking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This Wednesday, Yee received a five-year prison sentence for accepting bribes and trafficking in arms.

After initially denying culpability, Yee pleaded guilty to the charges last summer.

“I hope that in your sentencing of me, you will look at my entire life and not just these crimes I have committed,” the senator implored U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer on Wednesday, the Los Angeles Times reported. “In the 67 years of my life, I have devoted much of it to the work of the community, to people here in San Francisco and in the state of California.”

Yee added that he was most ashamed to have hurt his family and supporters: “That will always weight on me, and that will always haunt me for the rest of my life.”

Breyer was unsympathetic to the calls for leniency. While holding public office, Yee had accepted thousands of dollars in campaign contributions in exchange for political favors. And on the side, he and two associates had been involved in a weapons trafficking plot.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Yee Haaah!
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

CroManGun wrote:Yee Haaah!
Best post on this thread. :?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens