This made me livid.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

This made me livid.

Post by Petrovich »

I don't know how I would react if I saw someone doing this.

It's enough to make me reconsider carrying.

Before you click on the link be fair warned....the photograph is very disturbing.

Dogs used as shark bait

Cruel ... dog with hook through snout

FULL NEWS INDEX

By IAN HEPBURN

STRAY dogs are being skewered on hooks and dragged behind boats as live shark bait, The Sun can shockingly reveal.

The cruel practice takes place on French-controlled Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, where Prince William spent two holidays.

A six-month-old labrador pup was recently found ALIVE with a huge double hook through its snout - like the dog above - and another through a leg.

The pup was found in a coastal creek and is thought to have somehow freed itself from a fishing line.

But other dogs and kittens have been chomped up and swallowed by sharks.

The RSPCA plans to petition the French government, demanding an end to the hideous torture.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,00.html
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Where's PETA when you need them?

Of course, expecting PETA to deal with real animal cruelty is like expecting the ATF to deal with real criminals....
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
CableGuy

peta

Post by CableGuy »

PETA??
is That People Eating Tasty Animals???..............

OK JUST TEASING CALM Down....lol I too love my dogs but looking at the pick the hook aint big enough to hook a shark..........
bullet

Post by bullet »

yea, I don't buy it. It's a "Sun" story anyway.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

bullet wrote:yea, I don't buy it. It's a "Sun" story anyway.
I wish I could agree with you.

If you notice, that's not the American tabloid sun. It's a British newspaper.

People do unspeakable things to other people...what's to stop them from doing them to dogs? I think it is horribly believable...and I'd be tempted to shoot the sorry sob who did it.
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

Petrofergov wrote:

People do unspeakable things to other people...what's to stop them from doing them to dogs? I think it is horribly believable...and I'd be tempted to shoot the sorry sob who did it.
Just tempted? Personally I would drench them in cow blood and throw them in a cage with ten Hungry adult Rottweilers :twisted: Sounds just to me.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

AmericanGunner wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:

Just tempted? Personally I would drench them in cow blood and throw them in a cage with ten Hungry adult Rottweilers :twisted: Sounds just to me.
I wouldn't go to prison on account of a dog....but I tell you what...I would do every thing within my legal ability if I EVER caught someone mistreating a dog. That just makes me sick.

If I was in that situation I think we'd have a man overboard 'accident' hehehehehehehehehehe.
Cincinnatijim

Post by Cincinnatijim »

Come on, AmericanGunner, don't tarnish the image of my adorable female Rottweiler puppy, 9 1/2 months old, 90 pounds. I could be persuaded to help feed those cruel Frenchies to werewolves, though.
9by18

Post by 9by18 »

having read the sun on numerous occasions i wouldnt get too excited over it.