What I have learned

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

What I have learned

Post by Petrovich »

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED !!!

Things I have learned from watching the news on TV during the last eight days:

1. Hurricane Katrina only hit black families' property.

2. New Orleans was devastated and no other city was affected by the hurricane.

3. Mississippi is reported to have a tree blown down.

4. New Orleans has no white people.

5. The hurricane blew a limb off a tree in the yard of an Alabama resident.

6. When you are hungry after a hurricane, steal a big screen TV, cigarettes and liquor.

7. The hurricane did 23 billion dollars worth of improvements to New Orleans. Now New Orleans is welfare, looters and gang free because they are all in your cities.

9. After almost dying because you failed to evacuate before the hurricane, don't give thanks to the thousands that came to help rescue you, instead, {inappropriate language} because the government hasn't given you a debit card yet.

10. Only black family members got separated in the hurricane rescue efforts.

11. Ignore warnings to evacuate, and other people will come get you, provide you with a new home, and give you money for being stupid.
CincinnastyKid
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by CincinnastyKid »

What I've learned from Katrina:

1) the majority of the media sucks
2) the majority of politicians suck
3) people's kindness and generosity shines in a crisis like this...unfortunately due to the above number 1 and number 2 we'd never know to what extent

-Kid
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

I haven't donated one, thin dime to the hurricane relief and I don't intend to. I figure I've already supported most of them for years and I'll be supporting them for a lot more. I've done my share.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

I haven't donated one, thin dime to the hurricane relief and I don't intend to. I figure I've already supported most of them for years and I'll be supporting them for a lot more. I've done my share.
I'm with you, P4G. Unfortunately, we are tax payers, so we are contributing to them under duress. What a crappy way to force our hand.

And you're absolutely right about everything else, too.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Illuminaughty
*** Banned ***

Post by Illuminaughty »

Glock and dagger wrote:
I'm with you, P4G. Unfortunately, we are tax payers, so we are contributing to them under duress. What a crappy way to force our hand.

And you're absolutely right about everything else, too.
Hm... being forced to donate without consent. Communism... america? Never.