Compliance with Gun Registry Virtually Nil

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

The Edmonton Sun wrote:

A 72-year-old Fawcett man with 25 unregistered guns and a bumper sticker on his car boasting he transports unregistered firearms said compliance with gun registry in Alberta is low.

"It's virtually nil," said Jim Turnbull, president of the 5,000 member Canadian Unregistered Firearms Owners Association.

"The Liberal government has absolutely no intention of making Canada a safer place. If they did, they certainly wouldn't use the Firearms Act to make it safer."

Turnbull, a retired auctioneer, was arrested during an anti-gun registry demonstration on Parliament Hill on Jan. 1, 2003, the deadline for registering all rifles and shotguns.
More at:
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonto ... 34602.html
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

I wonder how many banned firearms have been registered in kolumbus?
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

Hopefully, none.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
Regulator2

Post by Regulator2 »

None of mine ever will...

have a plan that if nothing happens before the 9 Nov deadline, will be moved out of the city
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on thier behalf --George Orwell

Regulator 2
518th Gun Truck Co, OIF Vet
Cybercop

Post by Cybercop »

Petrofergov wrote:I wonder how many banned firearms have been registered in kolumbus?
At last count "2", however they sent out to more forms they still might double that number :roll:

Jim
Linda

Post by Linda »

Regulator2 wrote:None of mine ever will...

have a plan that if nothing happens before the 9 Nov deadline, will be moved out of the city
OK, shameful plug...., :oops: why move just your guns out of the city, when you could move yourself out of the city as well! Show Mike Coleman you won't stand for his silly rules by moving out to the 'burbs. I would love to be the "official Realtor" of central Ohio, for the readers of these forums! And guess what, we could both have each others backs while were looking at houses!!! :D Ok, shameful plug over.
"Women must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself."
Susan B. Anthony~July 1871