Man shot with BB gun undergoes surgery

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Man shot with BB gun undergoes surgery

Post by TunnelRat »

The St. Petersburg Times wrote:Man shot with BB gun undergoes surgery

The man -- hit six times Sunday night -- was the third victim in a week to report being shot with a BB gun.

ALEXANDRA ZAYAS
Published September 19, 2005
TAMPA - Joe DuBose, 44, had a rough Sunday night.

He'd lost his job as a driver at Larsen's Towing Service and was on his way to turn in his uniforms for a final paycheck when he became the third victim in a string of BB gun shootings to hit Drew Park in the past week.

DuBose was walking near the intersection of Grady and Osborne avenues about 9:30 p.m. when a white four-door Toyota Camry approached him. Inside were two men in the front and two women in the back, all described as Hispanic, in their late teens or early 20s.

"The kid in the passenger side asked me if I knew where to find him some women," DuBose said at a Monday afternoon press conference at St. Joseph's Hospital. "I looked at him and asked "What's wrong with the ones in the back?' and that's when they pulled out the gun and started shooting."
More at:
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/19/news_ ... _gun_.shtml
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
mdad

Post by mdad »

So if this happened to you and you pulled out your weapon and shot
the kid, would you be in the wrong for not knowing it was a BB Gun?

Sounds like a really good way to get shot if you ask me.

Empty the clip!!