Neighbors say man was shot, killed during break-in

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Neighbors say man was shot, killed during break-in

Post by TunnelRat »

The New Hampshire Union Leader wrote:Neighbors say man was shot, killed during break-in
By BRIAN DeKONING
Union Leader Correspondent
Merchants Automotive Group

ROCHESTER — A Fremont man was shot to death about 1:45 a.m. yesterday at a home at 80 Pine St. in a case that neighbors say may be connected to a string of break-ins.

Bryan J. Gaedtke, 21, was carried in a body bag from the single-family house a block from the Rochester Fairgrounds. State Attorney General Kelly Ayotte's office is investigating the case with Rochester police; they disclosed few details yesterday.

But neighbors said they believed a resident of the home shot Gaedtke because he broke into the house in the middle of the night. A second-story window screen in the rear of the house was damaged.

Rochester police investigate the shooting death of Bryan Gaedtke of Fremont yesterday at a house at 80 Pine St. (BRIAN DeKONING)
Authorities would not comment on who shot Gaedtke or what type of gun was used, but said no charges have been filed in connection with the death.

"We will release details as necessary as they become available," said Peter Odom, a state assistant attorney general.

The two-story home is in a relatively quiet section of town generally occupied by families and empty-nesters. Geoff and Jocelynn Hamann live in the house with their two young children. Geoff Hamann declined to comment yesterday.

Outside, colorful toys were scattered in the tidy yard enclosed by a chain-link fence. A baby stroller, a Subaru SUV and a Chevrolet pickup truck were parked in the driveway. A bumper sticker on the truck read: "Gun Control means using both hands."
More at:
http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_ ... icle=60484
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Neighbors say man was shot, killed during break-in

Post by NavyChief »

tommcnaughton wrote:
The New Hampshire Union Leader wrote:A bumper sticker on the truck read: "Gun Control means using both hands."
More at:
http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_ ... icle=60484
...and that's why I'm "bumper stickerless." I wonder if they'd have been as quick to point out a Kerry/Edwards sticker? Or a Sierra Club?
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

avoid

Post by Javelin Man »

Sometimes criminals miss the obvious clues to skip particular houses. A man who has children to protect and a gun in the house really should be avoided.

Of course, Sarah Brady would make sure she asks if there is a gun in the house and if it's locked up, disassembled, unloaded and ammunition stored away from the firearms. :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JamesL

Re: avoid

Post by JamesL »

Javelin Man wrote:Sometimes criminals miss the obvious clues to skip particular houses.

I agree, this guy just wasn't very bright :wink:
America
God blessed it
Guns Freed it
Heroes died for it

Never Forget!
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: avoid

Post by Petrovich »

JamesL wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:Sometimes criminals miss the obvious clues to skip particular houses.

I agree, this guy just wasn't very bright :wink:
Show me a street crook who is. They're either to stupid, or to lazy, to work (or both).