The end of cheap electricity.

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

The end of cheap electricity.

Post by Cruiser »

And Obama does it again!
“This is three days after the EPA issued a regulation — which was overlooked in all the Supreme Court stuff about Obamacare — issued a regulation which means the end of any new coal-fired plant in America, ever. It’s the end of the coal industry in time as the old plants age — millions out of work, the coal industry shutdown and in time, raising electricity rates and really destroying a great natural resource America has,” he said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/kraut ... z1qYu7s61g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon ye all HOPE!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: The end of cheap electricity.

Post by schmieg »

Cruiser wrote:And Obama does it again!
“This is three days after the EPA issued a regulation — which was overlooked in all the Supreme Court stuff about Obamacare — issued a regulation which means the end of any new coal-fired plant in America, ever. It’s the end of the coal industry in time as the old plants age — millions out of work, the coal industry shutdown and in time, raising electricity rates and really destroying a great natural resource America has,” he said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/kraut ... z1qYu7s61g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What is not mentioned here is that part of the rationale is the availability of natural gas to use as a fuel. What is also not mentioned is that EPA plans regs for later this year that will restrict drilling for natural gas.

Now, what part of this is firearms related?
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

schmieg wrote:Now, what part of this is firearms related?
It takes electricity to power the plants to make the guns. :wink: (it worked on the time change one)
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
john wells

Post by john wells »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
It takes electricity to power the plants to make the guns. :wink: (it worked on the time change one)
Since the coal industry will be shutdown there will be no more coke to make steel to make guns :D .
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

john wells wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
Since the coal industry will be shutdown there will be no more coke to make steel to make guns :D .
We'll just buy it from China.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

The guns or the coal?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Mustang380gal wrote:The guns or the coal?
The steel to make the guns.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
MuzzleReport

Post by MuzzleReport »

Mustang380gal wrote:The guns or the coal?
Yes.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

More here, a promise that Obama kept. So now we will be exporting coal so other countries can continue to pollut and burn coal! :roll: I am getting real sick of what Obama is doing to our country. :(
http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/ ... carbon_cap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Enviro-Whack jobs are celebrating the demise of America‘s most abundant energy resource, coal. Because coal has just been given the death sentence by Obama and the EPA.

"If old King Coal isn't dead already, he's certainly teetering toward life support," said Frank O'Donnell, president Clean Air Watch in Washington.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Shutterbug57

Post by Shutterbug57 »

In the end, all of it. I hope I don't live to see that day.
Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao, Idi Amin, Castro, Pol Pot: All these monsters began by confiscating private arms, then litterally soaking the earth with the blood of tens of millions of their people. Ah, the joys of gun control. - Charlton Heston 11 Sept 97
landrvrnut22

Post by landrvrnut22 »

This is kind of old news. I know First energy announced several months ago it was shutting down one of its plants (I think in Ohio) because it was too costly to upgrade to meet new EPA requirements.

So Obama and the .gov are doing to coal powerplants that they want to do to guns. Dont ban them, just regulate the snot out of them till there is nothing left.

And see, there really is a gun related connection to everything. :mrgreen:

Link to article: http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/fir ... s-1.257090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FirstEnergy Corp. on Thursday announced it is retiring six coal-fired power plants, including four in Ohio, because of stricter federal anti-pollution rules.

The six older and dirtier plants will be closed by Sept. 1.

“It was a tough decision,” said Charles D. Lasky, vice president of fossil fleet operations for FirstEnergy Generation Corp.

The announcement makes FirstEnergy one of the first American utilities to close aging, polluting power plants in the wake of tighter federal clean-air rules finalized last month. Closings at other utilities are expected in the coming weeks.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Ignorant me wants to know how does Oslammer do this with out Congress ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Ignorant me wants to know how does Oslammer do this with out Congress ?
The same way he does most other things: ignore the constitution.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
stringygerm

Post by stringygerm »

The EPA has approved two (I think) permits to construct new nuclear power plants and there are at least 26 other applications in the process.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Ignorant me wants to know how does Oslammer do this with out Congress ?
A couple of years ago, the Supreme Court gave the EPA authority to control CO2. When Congress refused to pass Obama's expensive environmental package, he told the EPA to do it without Congress. Next, they will be regulating trees because they create too much CO2 during the day and the O2 they give off at night contributes to ozone.
-- Mike