What do you drive?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

XDm45

What do you drive?

Post by XDm45 »

So I've seen mention from a couple people in various threads, that they are car people. Being a car lover myself, that got me wondering, what kind of cool rides the people of the forums have... Here's my current daily driver, soon to be project...

99 Mustang GT 35th anniversary edition.

In the summer I also get to drive cars from my friend's collection to the local cruise ins, he has 64, and 65 GTOs, a 67 Camaro, and a 65 Mercury Comet Caliente (which is for sale if anyone is looking).
He is only one person, so can only drive one (the 65 GTO), so he asks the wife and I to sometimes drive the others to the shows for him.

So what else does everyone have? Love car pics, but I don't want to see you stock family truckster, or grocery getting sedan :twisted:
This Space For Rent
scriz

Re: What do you drive?

Post by scriz »

96 Dodge Caravan (woooo :()
kyleh

Post by kyleh »

2007 wrx bigger turbo, built motor, exhaust, intake, intercooler, etc
2000 jeep Cherokee 2" lift 30" bfg a/t
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

'95 F-150 or a '99 Durango at home. Work F-450.

Wife got the last new car, '05 Escape.

The absolute insanity of new truck prices guarantees I will never be buying one new again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
MuzzleReport

Post by MuzzleReport »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:The absolute insanity of new truck prices guarantees I will never be buying one new again.
Yeah I look at my old truck and try to figure out if the collection of things that are not working equals $35k. It just never seems to...
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

Hell, the price of any new car is insane. I bought my wife a new taurus last year, sticker was a couple hundred under $30k. I was really considering looking at the hyundai sonata, and kia optima, but could not bring myself to buy foreign yet. As long as I get Z plan through Ford, I will have a hard time looking elsewhere.
This Space For Rent
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

MuzzleReport wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:The absolute insanity of new truck prices guarantees I will never be buying one new again.
Yeah I look at my old truck and try to figure out if the collection of things that are not working equals $35k. It just never seems to...
And that is a 2WD V6..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Brian69

Post by Brian69 »

When its 40deg or above. And not raining.
Shaolin_dragon

Post by Shaolin_dragon »

My work car - a 96 olds ciera wagon. v6. nice little chugger. The family/wifes - 2007 Ford focus.
I carry, because I care!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

My BOX. 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 DOHC 2.3L ZETEC
And when I can! It is one of these. 1987 Honda Helix, black or 2006 Honda Helix, red.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
landrvrnut22

Post by landrvrnut22 »

My DD and horse hauler, 2001 Dodge 2500 Quad cab, LB, Cummins, 4x4.

My play toy, 1962 Land Rover SIIA 88". RHD.

The sunny day car, 1990 Miata MX-5.

Wifes, 2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe. (In the fairly rare, Fiji Blue Pearl.)

I will second what was said about the price of a new truck. For me to get what I want is about $50k :shock: I think for $50k, I will just keep fixing mine and rebuilding the motor. Mine only has 180k, so I shouldn't need to dig into the motor for another 300k. The only bad thing about mine is the body is starting to get some cancer, but I am hoping to work on that this year with a bit of surgery and chemo. Plus the new trucks dont get the mileage mine does. It is hard to beat 20/24MPG out of a 7000lb truck.
Double3

Post by Double3 »

Tahoe

Altima

Fatboy
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

My DD is an '05 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT that's been riced-out a bit. :oops: :P No, no stickers except for a "Sponsored by Rust-Eze" on the right rear bumper (anyone who is a car-nut should know what that refers to 8), it was the first movie I shared with my daughter, then 1 and 1/2, we both love it), but plenty of badging that's made its way on the slow-boat from across the Pacific. :lol: It's mildly modified - if I dumped the clutch, it'll get to 60 in well under 5, but sadly, with a rather small turbo, it takes upper 12s to bring in the quarter.

Bought in the spring of '05 to prepare for the arrival of my then as-yet-unborn firstborn :lol: , my original plans with her had been to install a fully-supported much-larger-turbo two summers ago, but alas, "adult reasoning" said that I should probably stop messing with a DD, particularly as, ironically, I haven't touched my garaged play-thing, a '95 Eagle Talon TSi (currently with a fully supported Evo III 18G) since I bought the Legacy to replace it as the daily driver.

I tried pleading with my wife to let me get the then-new Mitsu Evo or a WRX-STI (she had just gotten an '05 WRX, only a month or so prior), but one look at the FMIC on the former ("Hey, you have that on your car, now [remember, this was when I still DD'ed the TSi]! No way you're getting another car that has that!") and the big wing on the latter (again, if you'll recall, in '05, the STI sported the "big wing" on its sedan trunk) killed both of those possibilities. In stock form, the '05 Legacy with manual transmission was capable of running the quarter in the low-14s and sprinting to 60 in the mid-high 5s (again from a tranny-abusing AWD-clutch-dump-launch), all for well less than $30K: I got what I wanted, disguised as an old-man's car that's the color of a cast-off '80s Member's Only jacket. :mrgreen: A "periwinkle" blue, thus her nick-name, "Winky."

My wife has been pestering me to get rid of Winky for a vehicle with automatic transmission. :? :cry: Back in November of 2010, I was lucky enough to have driven a Porsche Carrera S at the Dubai Autodrome, and I actually loved the PDK tranny in that setting, but I really don't think that my wife would be happy if I came home from work one day with a Panamera 4S or Turbo. :lol:

After her lease was up on the WRX (with an eviscerating 4-speed automatic transmission that just killed that car's soul; OK, OK, maybe not completely, since it was able to boost-launch :lol: ), she's now finishing out a 3-year lease in a Forester XT.

---

Allen's Personals Ad:

"Hi, my name is Allen. I like cars, tires, and long walks on the beach. Oh, and especially tires. ESPECIALLY winter tires. You wanna talk winter tires, over lunch? How many sets of winter tires do you own? I have three sets! Great, let's meet!"
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Ranger 230

Post by Ranger 230 »

Ford F-150 4x4 or a Lincoln Navigator.
NRA Patron Member
randomRussianrifle

Post by randomRussianrifle »

Currently have a few driver's: '04 WRX that I bought when I graduated from college, '99 Rover Discovery II winter/hauler, '09 Mini Clubman S and a Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 as a good weather ride (50+ degree.)

I've also got a few garage dust collectors: '73 Datsun 240Z, '88 Honda CRX former autocross car, a '92 Subaru SVX, work in progress Kawi ZRX 1200R and a fully dismantled Yamaha SR500.

The list of formers is longer then worth listing. A lot of Hondas and Subarus. I love cars in general and find myself looking at "new" ones all the time...the new Ford Focus looks interesting.