What do you drive?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Curzyk

Re: What do you drive?

Post by Curzyk »

TSiWRX wrote:I'm in that stage of life right now where my car continually gets slower - but more voluminous. :lol:

And before you ask, no, I can't afford to make the voluminous vehicle fast. :cry: :P
Don't worry. I hear it picks back up after 18-30 years, depending on one or more key factors..
LegoGlock

Post by LegoGlock »

TSiWRX wrote:I'm in that stage of life right now where my car continually gets slower - but more voluminous. :lol:

And before you ask, no, I can't afford to make the voluminous vehicle fast. :cry: :P
You never had a fast car :lol:

But unfortunately, I have also trended towards slower more sensible cars in my older age. Currently have 2000 Cr-v 1998 Jeep Wrangler.
“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

LegoGlock wrote:

You never had a fast car :lol:
Keep talking like that, and you'll be eating that shuttlecock. :twisted: :P :lol:

It's now true, though. :cry: I've just sold my old TSi. The kid I sold it to has wanted it ever since he passed by where I stored it when he was 13. I can't believe his persistence, and I really hope he has fun with it. 8)
But unfortunately, I have also trended towards slower more sensible cars in my older age. Currently have 2000 Cr-v 1998 Jeep Wrangler.
You. Are. Not. Old.
Curzyk wrote: Don't worry. I hear it picks back up after 18-30 years, depending on one or more key factors..
"18-30" makes it sound like a sentence in the SuperMax. :lol:

Doing the math, that's, like, 2033-2048 or so!

We'd better be in -

[img]
http://psipunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... oncept.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

.....by then!
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

I opted for room and power. 2013 Dodge Charger.

Easily accelerate fast enough to get lots of attention but have room for My wife, 3 kids in booster seats, and myself. We took it instead of our GMC Acadia on vacation.
Naticarry

Post by Naticarry »

TJW815 wrote:I opted for room and power. 2013 Dodge Charger.

Easily accelerate fast enough to get lots of attention but have room for My wife, 3 kids in booster seats, and myself. We took it instead of our GMC Acadia on vacation.

I did the same when I went from the GTO to the V. Of course, I never really drive the V from fear of wear and tear. It's killing me to have to daily drive it this week because I get to replace a cracked head on my Ranger this weekend (at least I am hoping that is all that is wrong, I am terrified I am going to find a broken piston).
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

I drive a 2014 GMC Sierra, Wife has a 2014 Mazda 6..... The 6 is fun to drive, the truck is a tank and very comfortable for long trips and very useful as a home owner. They've come a long way with these things: I get 18-20 mpg back and forth to work with a 295 hp 4x4 full size truck and 24 mpg if I keep it under 65 on the hwy but, I can still tow almost 7000# with ease......
-Aaron
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Naticarry wrote:
TJW815 wrote:I opted for room and power. 2013 Dodge Charger.

I did the same when I went from the GTO to the V. Of course, I never really drive the V from fear of wear and tear. It's killing me to have to daily drive it this week because I get to replace a cracked head on my Ranger this weekend (at least I am hoping that is all that is wrong, I am terrified I am going to find a broken piston).
I bought it to drive it! I don't hold back in the miles!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

FORD FLEX.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
run71324

Post by run71324 »

2006 Ford Escape that we bought new before our oldest was born.
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Bringing this thread back to life
17' F150 LB * Bronze Fire*

BOB
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

2011 Ford Escape XLT
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

2012 Ford Fusion. For a (all be it short)while I lived and breathed V8 Chevys with headers, aluminum intake, update internals.. I still find a way to push limits - I had 104K miles on the Fusion before it needed rear pads (it is a stick shift)- Still on the original fronts, but not sure how.

My other vehicle is a '99 454 Suburban 4x4 with a chronic steering/braking issue after replacing the hydroboost & power steering pump. I'm having a hard time A) letting it go and B) tearing back into it. :?
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

I'll let this zombie thread pick my brain and join in.

2013 Mazda MX5 Club Power Retractable Hardtop - my good weather toy

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - my bad weather toy, offroad toy and long distance drive

2014 Mazda CX5-GT - my wife's car and our general errand runner (when it can't be done in the MX5)
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Darkness

Post by Darkness »

Newest car. I have had this thing about 5 months now. 1981 Corvette. You can see my Jag being relegated to second vehicle status in the background.

I am having quite a bit of fun with it.

scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

I drive a 2006 Infiniti G35. Not worth a whole lot as old as it is, but it is a really fun car to drive. I'm not sure that I will ever give it up.

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin