More politicians should think like this...

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Scott

More politicians should think like this...

Post by Scott »

Mayor Bright suggests crime solution: Buy a gun

Sep 15, 2005, 09:26 AM

"What we need to do... Is there any media? Chief, can I say this?," asked Mayor Bobby Bright at Tuesday's Kiwanis Club of Montgomery meeting.

"I've said it one time. Get a gun and teach our folks how to use them and shoot 'em."

Several members of the audience, approximately 100 members of the Kiwanis Club of Montgomery, broke out into nervous laughter and applause after Mayor Bright said this as the guest speaker.

To put this in context, Mayor Bright spoke directly to the issues of having an understaffed police force, clogged courts, and a vast majority of crime in Montgomery committed by the same relatively small number of people over and over again.

Bright went on to say,"There's going to be people out there who write me and say, 'God, Mayor, why are you doing this?' Listen to what I'm saying. Get your gun, learn how to shoot it, learn how to use it and use it. "

Read the rest: http://tinyurl.com/d2fny

This too will probably roll off the bottom in 2-3 days. Get it quick.
Blip!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

links to video of the story

Post by TunnelRat »

Okay, I found the video for this story, but the javascript URL is way too long to copy here (it's even too long for www.tinyurl.com to deal with). So instead, here is the URL for the search results page. The top two stories are about the Mayor. It may take a bit to load, but it's worth it.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/SearchResult ... yor+bright
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Scott

Post by Scott »

There's a poll on the subject there as well. I couldn't see a results page, but the comments seem to be favouring sanity (RKBA) with a few bedwetters chiming in.

I think it would be instructive for others on our side to read the comments of the naysayers, if only to realize how far gone our country is. Possibly we could get ideas for areas in which to open conversation to advance the RKBA and bring some common sense to the debate. There sure is alot of unqualified handwringing right now on the other side.
Blip!
JamesL

Post by JamesL »

Do you think he would move up here and run for mayor of Columbus? :wink:
America
God blessed it
Guns Freed it
Heroes died for it

Never Forget!